Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fishing and Camping

Terry and I went with our oldest son and family on a weekend camping trip into the mountains of Colorado. We were tent camping! Yay! I love it. We purchased some cheap little fishing rods for the grandkids and all the stuff that goes with fishing. (We aren't that practiced at fishing...or would that be: We aren't that good!) Anyway, I love the mountains and the kids so we had fun!
The only problem was...We had visitors!
Terry had taken the kids to the bathrooms in the car and my son and his wife were sitting with me around the campfire. We had just finished dinner (chicken fajitas cooked on a plow disc with a propane flame...I am so thankful for that gift from my nephew-in-law, Clifford!...) anyway, we were drinking campfire coffee and sitting around the campfire. My son very quietly said, "Mom, there is a bear."
I responded, "Stevie, you are not funny."
He said, "For real!"
I turned my head and a medium sized black bear with a tan muzzle casually walked about 12 feet from us. He maneuvered the length of our campsite. I then remembered what my mid-kid's wife told me about bears and stood up with one hand over my head. (the other hand held my coffee) and said, "Git outta here."
He turned his head and walked on into the dark.
We went to the van (my door was locked) and watched him as he came back and looked through the high cabinet at the table. Terry and the kids came at that time and the bear walked to the other side of the table and stretched his neck and stared at Terry. He then walked into the darkness.
Terry and Steve took a pitiful little flashlight and searched for him. He came and went off and on to the cabinet thingy.
I went to the tent and went to sleep. They said that the bear walked next to the tent....I didn't know it and he didn't care that I was there. We discovered that he had swiped our bread and marshmallows and bitten through Steve's deodorant and eclipse gum.
The next night about 2 or 3 a.m. we heard a racket that sounded like a train wreck. Two or so bears were dumping our cast iron pots and pans out of the box. Then we heard the sound of bubble wrap busting...They found Terry's jug of tea in the stream and were drinking it!

By the way, we fished a bunch and caught no fishes, but had a ball with the grandkids. Terry and the little boys biked around the lake a couple of times and all over the campground. We still love camping.

I am continuing with featuring Tate Publishing and Enterprise Authors. I have "met" most of them through facebook and the Tate Publishing fan page. In the following weeks you will have the opportunity so see the dedication and heart each person puts in their writing. This week I am interviewing Caroline Alden.


1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)? My name is Caroline Alden and the names of my books are "Blended" and "Unspoken Story".

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?
I enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
When my youngest child was in kindergarten. I began writing at age 32 as a hobby and became hooked.
4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
My main characters develop
so easily because I feel passionate about them once they are created.

5. Are you a reader?
I enjoy reading a lot.

6. What are you reading right now?
I am currently reading a Nora Roberts book.

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication?
Tell about it. I am working on my third book. The title has not been determined yet. The main idea of the book is learning to trust. Like my first and second novel (Unspoken Story) my third work is also family fiction.

8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?
My biggest obstacle has been in choosing the perfect settings for my story's.

9. Please put a description of each of your books here.
Blended is about a New Hampshire family. The main character Sarah will capture your heart, with her cheerful outlook on life. Sarah is full of passion and warmth for her not so functional family. Sarah can handle the worst situations, while wearing a smile. You will laugh at Sarah's not so typical mother. You will cry when you learn why Sarah's nephew Ryan doesn't like being alone. As you journey through many of life's twist and turns with the Benson family.
Unspoken story is about a boy named Danny who has never spoken a single word. Danny has no voice but can communicate better without words than most able to speak can. You will feel a strong connection to Danny as his world crumbles around him. Danny shows us how one small mistake can have years of consequences. He also shows us that time is a healer and that actions definitely speak louder than words.

10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here. I can be contacted at shancar3@hotmail.com My book can be purchased through Tate publishing, or at Amazon, Target, Borders books and Barnes and Noble.


http://nansjourney.blogspot.com

See you next week. I hope you enjoyed this.

No comments: