Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Friday, August 21, 2009

Fun in the Summer

This weekend I am going to Leatherman Park at Perryton to sell books on Perryton's Celebration Day, Saturday, Aug 22 from 11-5 p.m.
It has been so hot this summer I hope all goes well. It is so fun to talk to people who come by my table. I like to talk with the children who timidly tell me that they love to write stories. Some of them tell me a bit of their story. There are some great writers growing up around here.
Since I was 52 when my first book was published, I think that the fact gives people my age hope that no matter what your age, God can use you. Never let go of your dreams.

I am continuing with featuring Tate Publishing and Enterprise Authors. I have "met" most of them through facebook and the Tate Publishing fan page. In the following weeks you will have the opportunity so see the dedication and heart each person puts in their writing. This week I am interviewing Karina Harris
1.What is your name and the title of your book(s)?
My name is Karina Harris. The title of my book is "Second Chance".

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?
I believe my readers would be interested to know that I grew up overseas. My parents were Baptist missionaries, and I spent much of my childhood and teen years in India and Thailand.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?

As a teenager, I enjoyed writing poetry and short stories. I also wrote several short stories in college, but never did anything with them. After I married, started a career in education, and had children, the writing stopped for several years. This past year I moved to a new teaching position that gave me more free time. My children had reached the age where constant supervision was not necessary. And I felt the call of writing again. I began this book in January, and had an offer from Tate publishing in March.

4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
I believe that characters are the key to a great story. So I spent quite a bit of time developing these characters before I ever started their story. I have been told that I have a gift in being able to describe things well, whether it be characters, scenery, or emotions in the book.

5. Are you a reader?
Yes!

6. What are you reading right now?

I just finished Julie Garwood's "Fire and Ice"; also an FBI romantic suspense.

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.

I have finished the second book in this saga and am working on the third. The second book is entitled "Third Time Around", and tells the story of Quinn and Emma. Quinn is the outgoing, photographer brother of Avalin (our heroine in "Second Chance"). He is put on assignment with Emma, who is professional to a fault. They don't exactly "hit it off" to begin with, but circumstances continue to put them together. A twist in the plot is that someone is after Emma, has threatened her...but nobody knows who or why.

8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?

My biggest obstacle is that I don't know the end of the story when I begin it. That makes it wonderfully fun at times, because it unfolds much like a movie in my mind. There have been times, though, when I don't know where to go next with the story (like the "pause" button has been hit), and it is quite frustrating on those days!


9. Please put a description of each of your books here.
Second Chance:
Avalin Summers’s life changes forever when she is told her parents may not be dead.
In the romantic suspense novel Second Chance, Karina Harris weaves an intriguing tale of hope and uncertainty in the story of Avalin Summers, an art student who is fiercely loyal to her older brothers, Jaden and Quinn. When Jaden requests a family meeting at their childhood farm in Colorado, she doesn’t question him. But what she discovers is something she hasn’t dared to dream about for the past five years.
Agent Ian Martin has spent a year investigating the case of part-time FBI operatives John and Rosemary Summers and the suspicious conclusion to their last mission. Recent intelligence hints they may not have died in the European plane crash, but he needs the help of the Summers’s grown children, Jaden, Quinn, and twenty-one-year-old Avalin, to find out. At the family meeting, Ian presents evidence that suggests their parents may have escaped capture and fled to Portugal.
The siblings’ lives are turned upside down when they learn their parents were working as undercover agents. Hoping they are alive, Quinn and Avalin eagerly join Ian in his search. When they land in Lisbon, they are bombarded with even more uncertainties. Thrown together by circumstances fraught with danger, betrayal, and heartache, Ian and Avalin uncover something special in each other. As events unfold, Ian and Avalin begin to question their beliefs in their government, their families, and even God as they look for someone they can trust. Will they find love on their journey together? Will they discover the truth about the Summers’s parents before it’s too late? Find out in Second Chance.


Third Time Around

Harris brings us back to the Summers family in this gripping tale of suspense and romance. Quinn Summers has been assigned to Peru, as the photographer for a National Geographic expose on a Native Indian tribe. Expecting a short, two day stint, he encounters instead a situation which changes his life.




Emma McDonnell is a career driven journalist who has just received her big break. She has been given her first lead assignment for National Geographic, and she is determined to make it perfect. She's not about to let the overly confident, incredibly handsome replacement photographer, Quinn Summers get in her way.





Events conspire to bring them together, both professionally and personally. Quinn becomes determined to discover the cause of the fear he sees behind her eyes. Emma begins to wonder if perhaps Quinn is someone she should trust.



Just as their relationship begins to strengthen, trouble explodes as someone from Emma's past returns to haunt her. Who is it? What does he want? Will Quinn and Emma be able to discover the identity of the would-be kidnapper before its too late?


10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.
My blog is: karinabharris.blogspot.com




My website is: www.karinabharris.vpweb.com


Once the release date is set, people will be able to order a book through this website via PayPal. They will receive a signed copy.

No comments: