Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Monday, August 17, 2009

What's He Really Thinking? How to be a Relational Genius With the Man in Your Life by Paula Rinehart

I have read a boatload of books on marriage and how to understand your man. "What's He Really Thinking?" published by Thomas Nelson ranks among the best of what I have read.
There is a lot of wisdom within the pages that I had not heard put in the way that Paula Rinehart voiced it. The principles are not only for marriage but for relationships with all the men in your life whether it be husband, son, brother, father, or boss.
One of the most profound statements in the book to me was to treat the relationship as if it were a very small fragile child that you must protect. Going at one another with cutting phrases and harshness should be withheld for the health of the relationship. Anger happens but reactions must be tempered.
"Treasure the moments" was also a phrase that arrested me. It seems that we seem to work toward the big events of our lives but the bulk of life is the small moments of each day. Those are the things we miss most after the person is gone.
The last pages are questions for discussion. These questions are unlike any that I have ever thought to ask my husband. They are a window into a man's mind and how he thinks. They are questions that are even profitable to ask yourself. I recommend this book.
Elaine Littauauthor of Nan's Journey & Elk's Resolve

No comments: