Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cloudy Days

Cloudy Days
In the 70's I loved The Carpenters. One of their hits was "Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down". It starts with the words: (If I can remember them) "Talkin' to myself and feelin' old. Sometimes I'd like to quit. Nothing even seem to fit. Hanging around nothin' to do but frown. Rainy days and Mondays always get me down."
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm that is upsetting. That seems to describe me. What with the talking to myself, feeling old, hanging around, frowning, rainy days, Mondays....Oh no!!!
Well, we are going from Fall to Winter...I better get used to it.


Please read this interview with new author, Delaine Swardstrom.



1. What is your name and the title of your book?
My name is Delaine Swardstrom and my book is THE PHOTOGRAPH

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about your?
The one thing that always captures everyone's attention is this - I spent twenty-five years in jail...................................
working as a nurse! I'm a registered nurse and I began working in the county jail in Olathe, Kansas in 1974. The first three years of those twenty-five I was a sheriff's deputy as well as a nurse. So as a deputy I attended the Police Academy where I earned the highest score on the shooting range when I qualified with the final day at the range!

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
I think it started when I was in the Police Academy. We had a writing course which was supposed to help us in writing our police reports. The instructor had us do some descriptive writing and I surprised even myself with some of the things I wrote. I believe this is when I actually began thinking that I could write - and enjoyed it. However as I look back at some of the first stories I wrote I'm surprised that I've come this far.

4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
When I was going through the editing process with my book my editor told me more than once that "you're so good with description". So I think this is one of my strong points.

5. Are you a reader?YES,YES,YES!!!! I would read twenty-four hours a day if I could. I love to read. In fact, I'm sorry to say that I have let it keep me from getting my housework done on several occasions.

6. What are you reading right now?
At the present I'm not reading anything. My husband and I are trying to get some building and landscape projects done before winter sets in so I haven't found time to read anything for a while. I did read "First We Have Coffee" by Margret Jensen a couple of weeks ago, sneaking it in between outdoor projects.

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication?
I do have a couple. I have another book that is basically ready to send to a publisher. It's about a young couple who found themselves becoming intimate in spite of the fact that they were both Christians. When she found herself pregnant he insisted she have an abortion. After the deed had been done they both regretted the decision they had made. The story describes the pain-filled days following and the difficult time she had in forgiving him for insisting she have the abortion. It's a fairly emotional book.I'm also working on a sequel to The Photograph after so many of my readers asked if there would be one. It isn't coming along as well as I would like.

8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?
Like most people, time seems to be the biggest problem. Also a husband who keeps wanting me to help him with something when I get an idea flowing!! :) I also come up with a lot of good ideas when I'm supposed to be sleeping so I often just get out of bed and go to my computer. I know if I don't get it down while it's flowing in my head it will be lost by morning. Also, I'm likely to stay awake for hours developing the idea instead of sleeping if I don't go get it in the computer.

9. Please put a description of each of your books here.
Jennifer Mast has been forced to leave college after the untimely death of her parents to take over her father's successful picture framing shop in the small tourist town of Pine Bluff. The reputation of the frame shop, The Master's Shop, encourages Jennifer to keep up the family name and tradition. Despite missing her family she throws herself into her work, perfecting the matting and framing techniques her father taught her years earlier. Preparing for the tourist season leaves her little time to grieve or relax. When a new photographer in town, Brent Hamblin, walks in the first day she has reopened her shop after the death of her father, she can't believe how he impresses her. He notices the framed picture of a small cabin on the wall and Jennifer explains that it is the home where her great-grandfather lived. She goes there often to soak up the atmosphere of the old homestead up in the hills of the Smoky Mountains. Brent is eager to find out about Jennifer's ancestors and she shares the godly heritage handed down to her through the generations. Discovering that Brent does not share her Christian beliefs she wonders if she should continue keeping company with him. When the picture of the cabin comes up missing Jennifer wonders if she should have been so trusting of this man who wandered into her shop and insists on keeping company with her.The rest of the story you will have to read for yourself if you want to find out what happens. Some very unexpected things happen in the book and you might be pleasantly surprised as you read. There is some intrigue, some romance, and parts of the story tug at your emotions. If this is your kind of story then I know you will like The Photograph.

10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books?Check out my website - www.dswardstrom.com. The book is available through Tate Publishing, Amazon, Barnes & Nobel and Borders. If you have questions or comments you can contact me at deesbook@rap.midco.net.


This was a great interview. If you missed one of the past interviews of the talented authors I have been interviewing be sure to visit my blog and catch up. These was interesting people!

http://nansjourney.blogspot.com

See you next week. I hope you enjoyed this.

No comments: