Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Monday, October 5, 2009

Extraordinary by John Bevere

“Extraordinary- The Life You’re Meant to Live” by John Bevere, Best-Selling author of “The Bait of Satan” is about pursuing life above mediocrity. In this book Bevere says that greatness is within our grasp. The past few study books I have read are along those lines. I wondered if “there was anything new under the sun” when I sat down to read this book. Of course, a lot of the content has been said by many in many ways but if you are like me, it takes a lot of repetition to get a concept caught between the ears. Most of the time deeper thoughts seem to breeze through easily but this book built on the lessons of life that I have been struggling to learn and make part of my thinking.
The point I want to share with you is one that smacked me between the eyes…or should I say ears. He said that being extraordinary is not just for the very talented people in athletics, acting, and other high profile arenas of life. It is for the hairdresser, mother, businessman, trucker, secretary and all other walks of life too. He reminded me that the Christians of the New Testament were so amazing that one of their biggest problems was to keep other people from worshiping them as if they were superheroes. Let’s face it most of us Christians don’t have that problem.
“Extraordinary” will cause evaluation in motives, devotion, and trust in God. It is worth the time to read. You can get a copy at http://randomhouse.com.
Elaine Littau, author of “Nan’s Journey” and “Elk’s Resolve”
http://nansjourney.blogspot.com

No comments: