Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, March 11, 2010

March Forward

,
I have a love/hate relationship with March. 35 years ago on March 1st, Terry and I were married. 34 years ago on February 29, my sweet sister passed away at the age of 34. It was the hardest thing I had ever been through. 25 years later my oldest sister, Donna, passed away. 1 year to that day 2 of Donna's children died. One died of cancer and the other died of a heart attach one day apart.
It came to the point that I used to hold my breath whenever March came around.

It is very hard to lose friends and loved ones. I am reminded of the hymn, which is the story of my life: "On Christ the Solid Rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand. All other ground is sinking sand."

I am so glad that Jesus is the Solid Rock. I am glad that He is bigger than my mind can wrap around. He is my anchor and I depend on Him. I can get through March or any other month. I am determined to March on with my Lord.

For our author interview we have a pastor/author. You will want to read his interview. Get some of his books too.

1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?
My name is Alfred Flatten ( pronounced Flayten ) but Most people call me Reverend Fred. The title of my book is "In It For Life". It is all about the journey of the Christian life from becoming a Christian to living in the overflow of God's blessings and everything in between.

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?
I have been a pastor and spiritual/biblical teacher for 25 years. I have learned, lived, and taught every chapter in this book.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
I have always been a writer of sorts, because as a pastor you write many sermons, studies, and teachings in the process of your ministry. It wasn't until three years ago that God led me to put all of this into book form.

4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
I have been told that my teaching and writing style is simple and easy to understand. Through the combination of word pictures, analogies, stories and scripture, learning becomes fun and interesting.

5. Are you a reader?
I am an avid reader. I read the Bible of course, but also many other books. I am not a big fan of novels or fiction. I read to learn and better my life and the lives of those around me.

6. What are you reading right now?
I am currently reading "You Were Born For This" by Bruce Wilkinson and "Just Like Jesus" by Max Lucado.

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.
Yes I do. My second book is titled "Show and Tell" which is sort of a follow up to my first book. It is about the fact that if you profess to be a Christian - a follower of Christ - then it ought to "show" in your life and lifestyle, and you ought to be willing and excited about telling someone - if not everyone - through witness and testimony. God's hand is always at work in our lives in many different ways. If it doesn't show and we have nothing to tell, there is a definite problem! This 2nd book has a lot to do with what God is doing "in" us and "through" us.

8.What do you hope to accomplish with this book?
“In It For Life” is not only a good read, it is a teaching tool that can be used by pastors and small group leaders alike to scripturally take seekers, believers, and followers, through the discipleship process from beginning to end. It would be my prayer that lives would be changed and transformed by this work. Wherever you may find yourself along this journey now, by the time you finish this book, you too will be “In It For Life”!

9. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.
Readers may contact me, or order my book at http://revfred-initforlife.blogspot.com

No comments: