Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, August 5, 2010

August is Here

August is Here!



Many things go through my mind at this time of year. Have I savored the summer? Did I really take time to be aware of everything?

You know how it is. You drive to town and don't even notice the scenery, neighborhood, flowers, or people.

In fact, last June I was headed back to my house from town and finally realized that the wheat was ripe! I am not a farmer, but there are massive wheat fields between my house and town. I didn't see the yellow fields on my way into town.

Things like this bug me. I wonder if I live my life going through the paces. Do you ever find yourself doing that? Let's commit to being aware, savoring moments, living life with our eyes wide open. Lets become aware of the goodness of God all around us.

I want to introduce Mary Lee, an author friend of mine to you.

1.What is your name and the titl
of your book(s)?
My name is Mary Lee. The title of my children’s book is My “Air Force” Mom.

2. What is one thing your readers would like to know about you?
I am a retired Master Sergeant from the United States Air Force after 24 years of service.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
My husband and I were vacationing in Black Mountain, NC. Sitting on a swing in the yard of a B&B looking at the mountains, I thought of a poem. I wrote it down and my love for writing was ignited.

4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
My strong points are persistence and being confident enough to accept rejections and keep writing. My method is to write from 1 to 3 pages everyday, some days more but never less. I keep a small notebook of titles and ideas.

5. Are you a reader?
Yes!

6. What are you reading right now?
I just finished reading Deliver Us from Evil, by David Baldacci. Now, I am reading Reckless by Andrew Gross

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn’t been submitted for publication? Tell about it.
Yes, I am working on another children’s book. I wrote it several years ago but have been tweaking it for some time. I found a book Writing Picture Books by Ann Whitford Paul to be so full of information and ideas that I went through her book, completing the exercises. I decided to rewrite my book from the child’s point of view instead of the grandmother’s point of view. My book is about Katie learning to handle bullies at her school using humor. Katie comes to her decision after hearing a story from her grandmother who had used humor to resolve and embarrassing moment in her life.

8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?
I need a deadline. I love to start writing, but finishing is a different matter. I overcome this obstacle by submitting my manuscripts to writing contest. This gives me a finish date which is the motivator I need.

9. Please put a description of each of your books here.
A winner in the Children’s Fiction Category of the 73 Annual Writer’s Digest Writing Competition, My “Air Force” Mom is unique. This picture book explores customs and courtesies of military culture through a child’s eyes. Author Mary Lee takes your child along with her fictional character Susie on a journey of discovery. From military uniforms through a military child’s “rite of passage” full circle to Susie’s development of a sense of pride and patriotism in our country. My “Air Force” Mom shows children that the military offers careers to women as well as men. It gives military moms and dads a book to help their young children begin to understand military life. My “Air Force” Mom gives civilian parents a tool to explain mysteries of military life to their children. Answers to a child’s curiosity are found in My “Air Force” Mom.

10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.
Readers may purchase my book at www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore, Amazon.com, Barnes&noble.com or at Waldenbooks at Sumter Mall in Sumter, SC, and the State Museum Gift Shop, Columbia, SC. My book is available on the Military Writers Society of America website.

No comments: