Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Judy Drewett, author of "Til the Cows Come Home"



November is a time for reflection. It is a time to think of all the people who have meant something in your life. I was reminded of this during Brad Paisley's speech when he won entertainer of the year at the CMAs. He quoted Little Jimmy Dickens as he said, "If you see a turtle on a fence post, he didn't get there by himself." Brad was holding back tears. I was too.

I know that being a small-time author doesn't compare to what the entertainer of the year has accomplished, but the thing he said is still true. I haven't sold one book without a reader who is interested in seeing what I have to say, purchasing a copy. By purchasing my books, recommending them, reviewing them on national websites, or sending an encouraging email or note, you have put this "turtle on the fence post." I am thankful to you.I appreciate you.

As you know, November is the National Novel Writing Month challenge. So far I have written 26,000+ words. The challenge is 50,000 words. The book is shaping up and I think you will like it. The first 6 chapters on on my website. Click here to read them. Go to the tab that says "Gertie". It is listed last on the left colum on the opening page of my website. (Remember it is very rough.)
This week I am interviewing Judy Drewett, author of "Til the Cows Come Home."
1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?
'Til the Cows Come Home, By Judy Perry Drewett

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?
I taught elementary school for 28 years and retired 3 years ago. My favorite thing was reading books to the children, which resulted in my strong desire to write children's books!


3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
I began writing poems when I was 13. I always wanted to write a book of poetry.

4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
Highly imaginative style for young readers. Plan to write a rhyming book one day for K - 2nd grade.
5. Are you a reader?
Yes! Avid reader

6. What are you reading right now? O'Mallory Christian series by Dee Henderson

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.
Yes! It is about the same little boy, Thomas, who is in my first book, with a big imagination! Called "Be Careful What You Wish For"


8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them? Time and money. I spend a lot of my retired time visiting my mother in the nursing home. I have to make myself set aside a special block of time to write.

9. Please put a description of each of your books here. (back matter is ok) "Thomas, you'd better get out of that bed and get dressed for school or you'll be lying there 'til the cows come home." Inspired by a kindergarten student's curiosity, Judy Perry Drewett, writes about a little boy with a vivid imagination. Follow Thomas and his imagination as he begins to see cows everywhere he goes. 'Til the Cows Come Home is a story to be enjoyed by young and old alike.

10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here. My website: www.judyperrydrewett.com
My email: j_drewett@yahoo.com

Go to elainelittau.com
For Home School/Private School/Public School
I have placed Chapter 1 of Nan's Journey on my website along with a Lesson Plan and Reading Comprehension questions. http://elainelittau.com/ . I am working on completing the work of doing Lesson Plans and questions for all the books I write. The links are free. The books are on the accelerated reading list for Perryton Jr. High School. It is for readers 13 and up. If you are a teacher or parent who needs this, just log in the lesson plans and questions are free.
Between the Books Chapters
For new chapters "Between the Books" go to http://elainelittau.com and click on the tab. I plan to write a new chapter per week (If possible) until Luke's Legacy is in my hands. All the chapters written are available on the website.
I have plenty of open dates if you would like to contact me to set something up.http://elainelittau.com/

Need help with book sales and marketing? Go to my website and sign up for my coaching/consulting services. The first week is $5. Try it before you subscribe by by the month. Go to http://elainelittau.com and click on the coaching tab for more information.

I have begun a new blog that features books for sale from some of the authors I have interviewed. Please take time to look at it.
http://titlesforsale.blogspot.com/

Book III, Luke's Legacy will be in my hands in a couple of weeks.The retail price is listed at $16.99. I am selling them for $15.+ postage.
Nan in the hand made dresses ($8).
The Nan Doll in Overalls ($6)

She is 6 3/4" tall. I hand sew the clothes. Each doll is unique.
I sell them for $10 (Now $8 in the hand sewn dress and $6 in the overalls) + postage or I give one with thepurchase of 5 or more books.
For those of you who haven't read the interview that I recently did, click on this link:
Interview with Elaine Littau [laineygirl] in Whohub
Source: www.whohub.com

Click Here for 3 old fashioned recipes available for free and 50 marketing tips
for first time authors.These are ideas that I have gleaned from books and the Internet...some from my own mind. I have tried all of them and they workand are inexpensive, unless I note otherwise. I will happily send these to anyone who asks for them.
The book trailer, recipes, photos, and freebies can all be found on the website also.
Nan's Journey, Book I of the Nan's Heritage Series
Elk's Resolve, Book II of the Nan's Heritage Series
Both books for a special price of $26+postage
Both books & Nan Doll for a special price of $35+ postage (a $10 savings)

Please tell everyone about Nan's Journey, Elk's Resolve, and Luke's Legacy. You will never know how much that means to me!

No comments: