Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, April 7, 2011

"The Eyes of a Stranger" by Elaine Littau is Coming Soon.

"The Eyes of a Stranger, Gertie's Grace" is getting closer to production. This week a very talented young graphic designer took my ideas and developed several options for a bookcover. I am definately going to use her again. Her name is Jonna Feavel. (Contact me via email if you want to get her to work for you.)
I will tell you a little about what "The Eyes of a Stranger" is about. Gertie is an eighteen-year-old girl who finds herself at the threshold of life. Rejected by her father and sent off to become a mail-order bride by her mother, she realizes that many options are open to her.

We met Gertie briefly in "Luke's Legacy" when she helped her fellow traveler, Sheriff Roy Miller, on the train in his care for baby Rose.

After finishing "Luke's Legacy", I couldn't get Gertie out of my mind. The story she shared with the sheriff begged to be built upon. It has been a pleasure to bring this character to life. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did when I wrote it. It has the feel of "Nan's Journey", plus a little mystery.


Now, I would like to introduce you to Terri Burnell. She writes wonderful children's books.

1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?

Terri Burnell

Garden of Eden

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?

My goal is to write children's Christian books that spark a child's imagination while teaching them historical, cultural, and scriptural facts.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?

About three years ago, my son Andrew loved to read The Magic Tree House books. At that time, Andrew was 8 years old. After reading one of the Magic Tree House books with Andrew, I realized the reason children love these stories so much is because they are taken to a magical place where they can experience the adventures first hand. It gave me the idea to write a book based on a biblical story in which the main characters could actually go back in time to experience what it would be like to have lived at that time.

4. What are your hobbies?

I enjoy scrapbooking, playing games with my family, line dancing, and attempting to sing Karaoke.

5. Are you a reader?

Yes, but much more now than in my younger years. I love to read Christian inspirational books.

6. What are you reading right now?
Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo and the "Answers" magazine.

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.

Yes, I'm working on my second book titled Joseph, The Loyal Servant. This book takes place in ancient Egypt about 1725BC. The children go back in time to experience what it was like to travel in a camel caravan across the desert, learn the culture and customs of ancient Egyptian life, and witness Joseph being sold into slavery, and then later, through his faithfulness to God, see how Joseph is restored and uplifted to be the second in command over all of Egypt.

8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?

My goal is to be as accurate as possible with scientific, historical, and biblical facts. I need to accumulate a lot of data to be accurate. Sometimes the resources may not be in agreement concerning certain details. As always, the Bible is first and foremost my most valuable, infallible resource. When other online sources or reference books don't agree, I continue to search for more resources to obtain the most accurate information possible. This can be time consuming, but necessary.

For the book I'm writing now, Joseph, The Loyal Servant, I've needed to research more materials to obtain the historical and cultural data. For Garden of Eden, my only two resources were the Holy Bible and my own imagination. At times, I get writer's block. When this occurs I usually just stop writing and come back to it another time.

Before writing, I pray that God will give me guidance, and that my story will bring honor to Him.

9. Please put a description of each of your books here. (back matter is ok)

Garden of Eden is a delightful story that will open a child's mind to explore the amazing possibilities of God's truth. Beth, an angel of God, takes brother and sister, Andrew and Shelby, back to the Garden of Eden to experience firsthand the new earth just ten days after creation.

Garden of Eden brings this well-known Bible story to life through imagination. Join the adventure as Andrew and Shelby make friends with the animals, explore the wonders of the garden, and discover the plan God has for all of his children. Along the way they will learn valuable lessons that can be carried with them, even after returning home.

10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.
My personal email is: mag440ptas@peoplepc.com and the book website is: www.gardenofedenbookseries.com

As you know, I gave away a Kindle on April 1st. The winner was Melissa Kidd from IL. Congratulations Melissa.

The author's group I belong to got a few of us together to give away another Kindle on May 15, 2011 so it is not too late to get in on the drawing. To get in on it you have a choice to either set up an event for me or purchase 1 or more of my books. It counts if you want to pre-order "The Eyes of a Stranger" for $9 including s/h.

No comments: