Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Friday, April 22, 2011

Reformatting Myself, Too!

This week I have been working on getting "The Eyes of a Stranger" reformatted for both e books and printing. I had no idea the scope of the task.

I know just enough about computer work to get into it ok, but I can get bogged down really quick. I was blessed to have a link to a free e book that told me how to reformat my manuscript for smashwords. (You can go to their site and find it and copy it off your printer if you need it.)

Anyway, the document was 86 or 89 pages long. It takes you step by step through the process. Patience is the key. Hyperventilating is not recommended.

The first task of getting the manuscript cleaned up so that it can be used by all venues is to remove all previous formatting. I had to take off the spell check, the fancy fonts, hard returns, tabs, and anything else that my computer, in it's fancy version of Office Word, put in the document to make it look pretty.

Like I said, I know enough to get myself into trouble. I did a lot of work on the document and then I couldn't find the buttons I was supposed to push to get everything really 'clean'. After a few hours of working on this, I decided to drive to town and visit my sister. I needed to get away from the computer.

On the way to town I prayed. "Lord, open my eyes to see where those options are on my computer." I was able to have a nice visit with Geraldine and then I went home and took up the laptop to continue.

Miraculously, to me it was a miracle, after looking at the downloaded paper one more time, I saw the correct symbols and buttons on the top of the page that I was supposed to select . After that, even though it took me several more hours, the process worked.

I have to say here that smashwords does have a list of people that you can choose from for you to hire to reformat. I wanted to learn how to do it myself because I have a bunch more books that need to be published in the future.

In reading the instructions, the writer said that all of these things had to be stripped away so that smashwords can take a 'clean' file and put it through it's processes to format the manuscript into a dozen or more e reader formats so that the book can be used by all e readers. The book can go everywhere and be used by many more people!!!

Today, I was thinking about what that process was like. I seem to apply stuff to myself spiritually all the time.

When I come to Jesus to visit with Him, He doesn't want me to come with all my "fancy formatting" that I have done to myself.

All my 'self-righteousness' is like filthy rags to Him. When I thought about this, I cried out to God and asked Him to strip away all the 'goofy junk' I had added to myself and to replace it with the things He did for me at Calvary.

The pure joy I feel is beyond words. There is nothing I can add to His Sacrifice. And...you know what? Now he can distribute me around the world with His message of love and forgiveness.

Isn't that like God? He uses imperfect people like me, an earthen vessel, to carry His treasure (the message of the gospel of Christ Jesus). It is beyond words.

No comments: