Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, July 2, 2009

Health

I remember thinking when I was a kid that people were very odd when they would say things like, "at least I have my health..." I thought at the time that of course you have your health. What are you talking about? Through the years I have learned to appreciate the sentiment.

When I was 18 yrs old and at Bible College my room mate grabbed my Pepsi and took a drink while I was in the bathroom. When I entered the room and took another swig of the drink she said, "Oh yeah, I might still be contagious. I had mono." After a time I became very sick and sure enough I had mono. My body has not been terribly strong ever since. I have enjoyed seasons of great health and seasons of challenges.

My 20's were filled with hospital visits not only for the births of my three sons but for bouts of pneumonia, gall bladder, and other things. My 30's and 40s I was pretty healthy. Now I am challenged with fibromialgia. My doctor is wonderful and he has helped me a lot in management of all the stuff that goes with it. I have been attempting to go by all the suggestions he has given me and taking all the vitamins and meds etc.

Today, I feel great! I know that is trivial to a lot of people, but there are very few days in my life that I have been able to say that I am experiencing no pain...at all! How great is that? This is a "red letter day"! (Someone asked me what a red letter day was? What does that mean? On our old calendars all the holidays and Sundays were marked by having the numbers in that square written with red ink. We looked forward to those special days so when something great happened we said it was a "red letter day".)

I realize that there are a whole bunch of people who are in a lot worse shape than I will ever be. I pray that one day you will be able to feel better. I am praying for your "red letter day"!

No comments: