Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Friday, July 10, 2009

HOT HOT HOT

Hot Hot Hot
Yay Summertime!


It is Summertime for sure isn't it. I do want to tell you that I am still living without pain. God is so good! Terry thinks he has the girl he met all those years ago back. I just had to give the Lord another Praise over that. I am so grateful.

Elk's Resolve sales are clipping along. I can't help but daydream about what it would be like to be a best-selling author, but that is in God's hands.
A friend of mine from Australia emailed me the other day. She blogs a lot about books. She reads a ton of them. We "met" when I asked her a little over a year ago to do a blog for me on Nan's Journey. She read it and wrote a very nice review for me. She interviewed me at Christmastime again and has been very supportive and encouraging. She sent this email to a herd of us authors to see if we would like to do another interview and promote our latest books. I jumped at the chance.

I couldn't help but think about how kind and helpful she is to all of us...non-best-sellers out there. I decided to "pay it forward". I sent a simular email to the authors I had in my email list. (If you didn't get this email, you are still invited.) I want to do an interview of each of the responders. I know some pretty amazing writers and I think you will be interested in what they have to say.
Elaine

The first author I want to introduce you to is John Shumaker.
John, I am so happy you took the time to answer a few questions that I think my readers will be interested in.

1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?

My name is John H. Shumaker. The two books I’ve written are: The Mystery of the Alpha andOmega and The Strategy of Spiritual Warfare Exposed (What Goes on Behind the Scenes and Why).

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?
I’ve been a Bibleteacher since 1985. My wife, Carol, and I have 5 kids, 10 grandkids, and 3 great grandkids. I’ve been a professional firefighter for 40 years and have started a Chaplain program with the Colorado Springs Fire Department. I’ve also started chapters of the Fellowship of Christian Firefighters and a chapter of Firefighters for Christ. Through Firefighters for Christ I’ve given out over 65,000 cassette teaching tapes and have mailed them world-wide.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?

I decided to try writing about 3 years ago. I didn’t do this because I felt led to be a writer, but I just wanted to try my hand at it and see where it led.

4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?

The books I’ve written can be used for Bible studies. This would include Sunday School, home Bible studies and private Bible study. The strong points of my books is that I use the Bible to comment on the Bible – in other words, going through my books you will explore the Bible in it’s entirety. I also include the Bible verses in my book so you don’t have to set the book aside to look up the reference. In addition I spent about 2 years studying one-on-one with a Messianic Rabbi.

5. Are you a reader? What are you reading right now?
I love to read. My daily schedule is to get up between 0300 and 0330. I spend a couple of hours every day studying the Bible and reading. I’m currently reading Marriage: Fantasy vs Reality.

6. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.
In my first book, The Mystery of the Alpha and Omega, I took 18 verses from the Old Testament and expounded on how Jesus is revealed in the original Hebrew text. I have found that there are over 570 references in theHebrew text that identifies Jesus and His role as God and as Messiah. I’m currently writing a commentary on these verses. Due to the size of the book, I’m not sure if it will go to print or not. At any rate, it will be available on my web site: www.jhshumaker.info

7.What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them? The biggest obstacle I’ve found so far is not in writing the books, but in getting them marketed. Since I’m an “unknown” and I don’t have an alphabet to put behind my name, it’s hard to get the books into the hands of people that have the right connections to get the books promoted in Christian book stores. They are currently in Boarders and Barnes and Nobel, but the people that would be interested in what I’ve written about would look in Christian bookstores – not Boarders and Barnes and Nobel.

8. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.
I can be contacted in several ways:
· E-mail: jhshumaker@comcast.net
· Web site: www.jhshumaker.info
· Phone: 719-337-4545
· Snail mail: John H. Shumaker
P.O. Box 7187

Colorado Springs, CO 80933-7187

Thank you so much John. (His wife is a hoot! I love her so much.) Pictures of his books will not load on this format, so you can check them out at his websites or at http://nansjourney.blogspot.com

See you next week. I hope you enjoyed this.

No comments: