Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving
I know we have heard this over and over again. We need to be thankful for every day. This becomes reality when we realize that there are so many things we take for granted such as health, family, friends, freedom, and our Lord.

I have been attempting to treat people as if this might be the last time I see them. (minus the tears and clingy hugs) I ask myself, "Would I be glad these were my last words to my friend or loved one?" I have had too many of these last conversations. Happily, I haven't had any regrets. I want to be thankful for all the people in my life.

As far as my health. Thank God I have been living with many more painless days than I have in a very long time. I will never take pain-free days for granted again.

Freedom is always to be treasured. I am so grateful to the men and women in our past and present military for putting themselves on the line for me. Thank you so much.

Then there is my Lord, my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for Him. He has been my best friend every since I was a little kid. I love Him so much.
Thankful, thankful, thankful...that is one thing I want to be remembered for.



Today I am sending you the interview I did with Matthew DeBettencourt . He has written a book that sounds exciting.

1. What is your name and the title of your book?
My name is Matthew DeBettencourt. My first published work is a juvenile fiction novel titled The Island of Time: The Journal of Randy Carr.

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?
It usually impresses people to know I wrote this book in High School. It was dedicated to the three people in my English class my sophomore year, and my cousin, who read some of my work before anyone else, convincing me to keep writing.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
It's sounds silly, but keep in mind I'm from the second Nintendo generation. I used to write as early as second grade, with very short stories that were often accompanied by a single page drawing (my older brother would help me with), but what really got me into writing was a TV show. When I was home-schooled, my older brothers had to get ready for public high school, and every morning we'd watch the same show just before they left for the bus: "Pokemon". It was new to America at the time, and the story behind it just interested me. So my first "manuscript" (a complete rip-off of Pokemon--which will never be released) was about the same length as The Island of Time, filling four notebooks of paper. I completed it within a year and half (and I even stole some names from it for The Island of Time, like Joe Young). But that was how I got into writing fiction.

4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
My writing style has a lot of dialogue. I find myself describing more in the dialogue than I do in the paragraphs in between. Not sure if that's a strong point or a weakness, really.

5. Are you a reader?
I used to read a LOT when I was growing up. I don't make enough time for it right now, but I've gradually gotten back into reading for pleasure.

6. What are you reading right now?
I'm juggling a few books right now "The Stakes Are High" by Dennis R. Ray, and "Persuasion" by Jane Austen are among them.

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.
I do, actually I'm very excited about a couple projects I have working, the continuation to The Island of Time included.
It's called The Island of Legends Past, and I don't feel inclined to reveal anything about it.
I'm also working on a project (as of yet untitled) about Big Brothers Big Sisters, and I'm working on getting support from the Hartford division "Nutmeg Big Brothers Big Sisters".

8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?
My biggest obstacle is making time to write when I have the desire to write. In high school, with The Island of Time, my most brilliant cure for this was Index Cards. I filled several stacks of index cards with paragraphs and quotes--"excerpts" of what would eventually be the book. Any time I got a great idea, usually in the form of dialogue or a good description of a person or place, it went on an index card, at home, in math class, at work, wherever I was. (My notebook went--and STILL goes with me--everywhere).

9. Please put a description of each of your books here. (back matter is ok)
How do you determine the killer of a man who doesn't exist?
That's just the question Strawberry Sundae Investigations faces in Matt DeBettencourt's The Island of Time: The Journal of Randy Carr. This gripping tale follows Dawn and Taran, two lovers on important missions. Set in an age of hover cars and androids, Dawn, a detective, must help the Sundaes investigate the murder of a man found dead above an antique shop. Despite advanced methods of crime-solving, the Sundaes are unable to find the identity of the murder victim, who doesn't seem to exist on any governmental database.
Meanwhile, Dawn's fiancĂ©, Taran, is working on a time-travel experiment for Karz Corporation. When a glitch in Taran's machine leaves him stranded on an island in the past, he begins to set up a new civilization by bringing people from the future to the island—setting in motion a chain of events with a suspiciously familiar outcome.
As events in the two times become intertwined, everyone will find that things are far more complicated than they realized.
Unlock the mystery when you travel to The Island of Time

10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.
Readers can find my book on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other online vendors.
They could go to the Tate Publishing website and order from there: http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=978-1-60604-647-0
Or for a personalized copy from me, I can be contacted through Facebook, MySpace, or email.
F.B. http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Island-of-Time/75719674486
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/TheIslandofTime
email: md3b3tt@yahoo.com

If you missed one of the past interviews of the talented authors I have been interviewing be sure to visit my blog and catch up. These was interesting people!

http://nansjourney.blogspot.com

See you next week. I hope you enjoyed this newsletter. Tell your friends to subscribe at http://elainelittau.com

No comments: