Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Monday, April 11, 2011

Sanctuary

“Lord prepare me to be a Sanctuary,
Pure and holy,
Tried and true.
With thanksgiving, I’ll be a living
Sanctuary for You.”

I was singing this song with the congregation of my church during worship on Sunday morning. Most of the time when I sing this song, I think about my body being the temple of the Holy Spirit. This is Scriptural. I felt that there is more to this song than meets the eye so today, Monday, I got out the faithful dictionary and looked up the word ‘sanctuary’.

Sanctuary- a holy place, as a building set aside for worship. 2. A place of refuge or protection; asylum, shelter.

All right, what does this mean to me? I began to ask the Lord what this meant to me. I have rejoiced for many years that God, the one and only God, chooses to dwell in me. I am humbled by this observation. I enjoy sweet fellowship with the Lord as He honors me with His Presence.

I have come to realize that many people hunger for a place of refuge. They go here and there looking for peace and security. They meditate and try to find something within themselves to calm the storms brewing inside them. They look for a shelter and protection.

While Jesus is the Sanctuary, He has called us to be His hands extended. In this, we are to not only house the Lord in our heart, but to provide a safe place for those who are tossed about in the harshness of this present world. In being a peaceful, content, and sheltering person, we are examples of the love of God. We are not to set ourselves up as the answer. No, we are only a sample of what God can do with a life. If we are no different than the people who are unsettled and harassed by the world, why would they want what we have?

Letting Jesus portray Himself in our lives provides a safe place for those who are troubled to find the peace we have found in the Lord. We become a sanctuary filled with the Presence of God and showing people how they can also have the “peace that passes understanding”. Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” I thank God for this provision in our lives.

Elaine Littau, author of Christian historical/western books

1 comment:

Darlene Shortridge said...

Elaine, Love this post! I felt "peaceful" as I was reading. What a wonderful choice of words! I enjoyed this greatly.