Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Funny Things Always Seem to Happen to Us

This morning I went into the post office in my small town to pick up a package that was too large for our mailbox. Paula waited on me and grinned. "Tangle with any bears this week?" She said.
"Nope, not this week." I said. She came back with the small package and it looked terrible. It was caved in and we decided that it looked like it had been dropped from a plane.

Of course that made me think of a story. When Terry was cubmaster of our cubscout troup, the kids were supposed to pack a raw egg into some kind of package so that when it was dropped from an airplane it would not break.

The trouble was that the airplane arrangements fell through. No pilot. No plane. Dissappointed cubscouts. Terry and the den mothers' husbands climbed upon the camp building at our nearby lake and hurled the packages to the ground with all their might. The trouble was, too many of the raw eggs failed to break. We only had three or so prizes. I don't remember if our kid's eggs broke or not.

Paula grinned and said, "Everything happens to ya'll!"
I guess she could be right.

I am continuing with featuring Tate Publishing and Enterprise Authors. I have "met" most of them through facebook and the Tate Publishing fan page. In the following weeks you will have the opportunity so see the dedication and heart each person puts in their writing. This week I am interviewing Laura Wintczak Eckroat.

1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?
Hi -- My name is Laura Wintczak Eckroat and the name of my book is The Life of Bud

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?
I am a Kindergarten Teacher.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
I have always loved to write ... I was just scared to let people read what I wrote!

4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
I write from my heart and I want readers of my books to feel what I am feeing as they read

5. Are you a reader?
Yes ... I love to read ...

6. What are you reading right now?
I just finished Merle's Door and Animals In Translation. I am now reading The Effects of Light

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication?Tell about it.
I have a few books that I am working on ... but my second book is in publication now ... it is called A Simpler Time ... it is about a mother and daughter sharing special times together without technology!

8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?
I think my biggest obstacle is just sitting down and finding quiet time to write .... I need an office to write -- maybe someday!

9. Please put a description of each of your books here.
The Life of Bud -- This is the story of life and how important we all are and how hard it is to let go in the end. The story follows Bud, who starts out in life as a tiny bud -- he feels insignificant. But Bud grows into a beautiful, vibrant leaf on the Mighty Oak Tree and becomes a very important part of the tree.
My book can be used to gently talk about life and death to a child, it can be used as a comfort to any adult who has lost a loved one, and it is being used in many classrooms to teach the seasons and the life cycle.


10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.
Readers can contact me at thelifeofbud@aol.com . I am still tweeking my website -- lauraeckroat.tatepublishing.net ,
My book is available at tatepublishing.com, or amazon.com, or barnesandnoble.com. Tate Publishing has also turned my book into a coloring book which is very neat! If anyone is interested in a coloring book, they can contact me at thelifeofbud@aol.com -- the cost of the coloring books is $5.00 and they are available directly through me.

No comments: