Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, July 29, 2010

Janie Wilkins, author of Janie's Unbelievable Journey

Hot Days of Summer



July is almost gone and we are in the middle of the hot days of summer. It doesn't seem so long ago that we were fighting the blustery winds of winter. It reminds me that no matter where we are on the calendar year or in the season of our life, that there are challenges. We need to learn to just keep on going.



Look for the good things in your life. Watch for the kindness of God in your life.

When I spoke to the Stonecroft Women's group in Dodge City one of the cute little favors at my plate was a paper doll with an orange flavored Tootsie Roll Pop attached. (My favorite!!!) I took it as a little kiss from God. I mentioned this to the group in my speech and when I got to my spot at the table there were 6 of them stuck inside my Bible. That was way too sweet and I cried.



Another big kindness of God was that I was assigned the conceptual editor that I had for Elk's Resolve. What a blessing! I am so happy about that.



I also am blessed to be acquainted with some very special author friends. I learn from them every day. I want to intoduce you to one of my newest friends, Janie Wilkins







1.My name is Janie Wilkins, and my book is "Janie's Unbelievable Journey: Inspirational Letters written along the Way."






2. I think my readers would

like to know that my faith in

God has enabled me to

overcome obstacles along

life's highway and to succeed

in helping students to grow

and learn and believe in themselves.



3.A Methodist minister told

me that I have a story to tell,

and God commanded me to

tell my story to help others

and to teach and inspire.



4.My strong points, according

to my own children and those

who know me best are that I

write from the heart, as I feel

led by God and that when one reads my stories and letters

that it is as if I were talking to them. This is my style as well.



5. I love to read, and I have read everything I could get my

hands on that is about real people. I love non-fiction

and history best of all.



6. I just completed reading

Max Lacado's "Traveling Light," which is on our United Methodist Women's reading

list.



7.My memoir is in two volumes, and volume two will be out

shortly after volume one is released.



8.My biggest obstacles to

writing are time, time, time, always. When I was

completing my manuscript

initially, I found that I had

to set goals and stay up

until I met the goal I had set. Since I had sponsored

school yearbooks most of

my working years, I applied

some of the rules and guidelines we established

to meet deadlines.



9. "Janie's Unbelievable

Journey: Inspirational

Letters Written along the

Way" is a true story of life

as a wife, mother and

educator. It lets the reader

know that we can accomplish

our dreams if we believe in ourselves and never give up!

You will want to read this

memoir to see how Janie

overcame obstacles to raise

three extraordinary adult

children the last one as a single parent.



10. Readers may contact me at Janiew3@aol.com or at my publisher at www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore

or at 888 361 9473

No comments: