Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Am a Blessed Woman

I have been blessed to make friends with quite a few of the other authors connected with my publisher and others with other publishers. These kindred spirits are dear to me.
This weekend I had the pleasure of meeting more of them. When I flitted from booth to booth taking pictures and business cards, I thinks some of them thought I was with a crazy company or something. I think they discovered that I am just a little crazy on my own.

After looking at most of the books available at the book fair I was amazed at the quality of work from these unknown (yet) people. Two of my friends were up for awards in this venue. They are very talented. The competition was tough and one of them was chosen the award winner of the children's category. (Laura Eckroat with The Life of Bud) Another friend was named a finalist in the non-fiction category. (Jane Harber with Here...Have a Miracle)
I was as nervous at that awards dinner for them as I would have been at the Academy Awards!!!
They are lovely women.
I would like to urge you to read books from unknown authors. We have a lot to offer!
This week I am interviewing James Blewett.
1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?
My name is James Blewett and I am the author of Can I get Baptized in Fruit Punch and other questions that new Christians ask that will renew the fire of your salvation.

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?
I am a full-time youth pastor at a church outside of Orlando, FL. I have been a youth pastor for six years now. My writing comes out of my experiences every day in the trenches, where real life happens and God is moving.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
I wanted to be a write ever since I was a little kid. I would watch soap operas with my grandma (that's embarrassing) and then I would go on the back porch and try to write my own.
4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
I believe that the strong point in my writing style is my humor. I hope that when the reader gets through with my book that they will be inspired and challenged, but also feel like they had a fun time reading my book.
5. Are you a reader?
Absolutely, I was taught as a teenager that "Leaders are readers."
6. What are you reading right now?
I am reading Shepherding a Child's Heart by Dr. Tedd Tripp (I do believe though that word should be "sheepherding" because who has ever herded a "shep.") I just finished reading The Shack by William P. Young. I am also reading The Call by Brent Crowe and David Nasser.

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.
No I do not.

8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?
The biggest obstacle is time. The way I overcome it is through patience. I do not intend to neglect my family or my current ministry in order to write so I just write whenever I can. I began writing my book in 2005 and finished this past Thanksgiving.
9. Please put a description of each of your books here.
Do you ever wish you could return to the days when you were a new Christian, before you got jaded with the things of the Christian faith, when you loved Jesus without compromise? Can I get Baptized in Fruit Punch is an attempt to restore the fire of your salvation and return you to the euphoric state of your salvation story. Through author James Blewett’s real life experiences and observations, this book will be a comical yet thought-provoking approach to the real-life issues that put a wedge between Christians and the excitement of being a believer.
10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.
My blog is http://baptizedinfruitpunch.blogspot.com/

No comments: