Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Are You a Catfish or Do You Have a Catfish?

Are You a Catfish or Do You Have a Catfish?
You may be wondering about that title about now. Yesterday I was listening to John Hagee on television. He gave an interesting example in his sermon that I will paraphrase here. He said that in the eastern United States when the cod fish industry was just beginning to get orders for their product in distant areas, they began by freezing the cod fish and sending them. The fish did not taste very good when the consumers prepared them so they went with plan B. They shipped them alive in water. If anything, they tasted worse. One of the men came up with an idea to try. He put a catfish in the water with the vat of cod fish. Catfish are natural enemies to cod fish. When they arrived they were better than fresh caught! The catfish kept them active and fresh.His point was that God gives us conflict to keep us fresh and alive. When I told Terry this story I informed him that I was changing his nickname to Catfish! He didn't say it but I think he was thinking the same thing about me.I have wondered why there is always some conflict whether large or small and nagging in my life. I guess it keeps me on my toes and on my knees. There is nothing like a crises to increase your prayer life. That is for sure. It shouldn't be that way, but let's face it; it is.Next time someone gets on your nerves just smile and think..."catfish".

No comments: