Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, October 8, 2009

Face Book Tate Authors Group

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Face Book Tate Authors Group
A few weeks ago I started a group on Face book for the authors of Tate Publishing and Enterprises. From doing the interviews with authors on this newsletter I have learned a little about each one of them who have contacted me about doing an interview. It started out with an email plea from me to them. Thank goodness most of them have wanted to share their vision for their books with me here.Honestly, if you are interested in having your interview here, just go to my website and contact me. http://elainelittau.com I will email you the questions and schedule your interview. (clean books only)

If you are a book lover and not an author...yet, give us unknown authors a try. There are some very good books out there by people who are not house-hold names...yet. Tate does have a few authors who have movie contracts so it can happen.

This week I am interviewing Craig Gleerup:
1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?
My name is Craig Gleerup and I authored the book, “The Type of Marriage that Endures.”

2. What is the one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?
Most people want to know how long I have been married. I guess they want to make sure I have enough experience to be able to write about a successful marriage. They can relax, I have been married for over 25 years. I am still passionately in love with my wife and we act as if we are still newlyweds.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
I don’t know if I can pinpoint a time when I knew. I still struggle to call myself an author. I was never good in English classes in school and still struggle with diagramming sentences. It would have to be a God-thing for me to write. My dream is to write fiction as opposed to non-fiction. However, I will have to work on my creative writing skills to get that one down.

4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
I work to make my book conversational in style. The topic I write about can be a little academic, but if I write it that way I will lose readers. So I work hard at making the book come across more conversational by using stories to illustrate points. I have always been called a storyteller.

5. Are you a reader?
Yes, most definitely! I have a mini library at home. I am running out of shelf space, but that won’t stop me. I generally read fiction. I seem to learn more from fiction than non-fiction. For example, I’ve learned more history from Jack Cavanaugh’s books than from text books.

6. What are you reading right now?
I just finished a Terri Blackstock novel. She’s one of my favorite authors. I am reading Road to Nowhere by Paul Robertson and Relentless by Robin Parrish.

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn’t been submitted for publication?Actually, I am working on a couple of books for the Christian market. They are taking subjects that we have let church tradition get in the way of truly understanding God’s purpose and plan.

8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?
Time in 2 different ways. One is just finding the time to write when life keeps getting in the way. The other is the amount of time actually spent on the book. I have to confess that after a while I begin to get tired of the book. After you spend so much time with the book and you have to keep reading it for each rewrite, it gets monotonous for me.

9. Please put a description of each of your books here.
I currently only have the one book and it’s best if I just give you the description from the Tate website. "The Type of Marriage that Endures will open up new avenues of insight on your spouse, as well as yourself. Based on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Craig Gleerup will guide you to understanding the wonderful gift of personality that God has given each of us. You will also develop the knowledge to understand God's gift of your spouse to a whole new level. Armed with this knowledge, The Type of Marriage that Endures will help you develop strategies that will build the type of marriage that endures a lifetime of challenges and leaves a legacy of love for our children to carry on."

10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books?
They can purchase them through Tate and any online bookseller. They can also order them through any bookstore. Currently, many LifeWay stores have copies on the shelf. One of the cheapest ways to purchase is Christian Book Distributors. They have it listed for $3.00 off the list price. Here is the link: http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=67836&item_code=WW&netp_id=486237&event=ESRCN&view=covers

No comments: