Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, May 6, 2010

Kristi Burchfiel

This week I am interviewing Kristi Burchfiel .
1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?
Without Regrets: A Study of Ecclesiastes by Kristi Burchfiel

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?
I never intended to write a book. I started this journey 7 years ago during a difficult point in my own life. I ended up doing an in-depth study of the book of Ecclesiastes. The results totally revolutionized my thinking about a number of key areas in my life, control and priorities being the most prominent. Even once I finished my own study, I didn't start developing the outline for the study immediately. I would pick it up and work on it a little and then set it back down. It wasn't until about 2 years ago when I really felt a burning desire to get serious about it and put it on paper. Once that happened, the process moved relatively quickly and smoothly. I would have to attribute the timing of these to God's own plan as once I got serious about it, all the rest of the steps of writing and publishing fell into place.

3. Who are some of the people who have helped shape your writing style?
Certainly every English or literature teacher I ever had was influential in some way, but a few really stand out. The main one was my 8th grade English teacher, Ms. Sublett. I wrote a short story on my own time that year and I wanted someone to take a look at it and tell me what they thought. Ms. Sublett graciously agreed to read over the 20+ page story on her own time. Looking back at it now, the story was really lacking in several areas. Her appraisal was both encouraging and completely honest at the same time. I greatly appreciated the time that she took to help me grow and become a better writer, and I remember some of her pieces of advice to this day.

4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
One of the areas I excel at is readability. I've had a number of people tell me that while they are reading the book, they could actually hear me saying the words in their mind . I love to express myself by writing, I just never thought it would actually result in publishing a book one day. An area that I work the hardest at in my writing is applicability. Making thought provoking statements is nice, but if it doesn't lead to action then what's the point? Throughout the book, I was constantly asking myself how to apply the truths that I was conveying. If someone reads my book and just learns the truths, but it doesn't make an impact on how they live their daily life, then I have failed as an author.

5. Are you a reader?
I started reading when I was 4 and have been reading something ever since.

6. What are you reading right now?
I'm actually between books right now. I just finished First Break all the Rules by Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman, which was a fantastic research-based look at what characteristics make a great manager in the work place. The book had some fantastic insight into the way great managers relate and manage other people that are not always common sense in today's corporate world. Next on the list for me is Daily Life in Bible Times edited by James Packer.

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.
I have started research for another Bible study. I'm still in the early stages and I don't know whether the study will be just for me or whether it will materialize into a book or not. I just enjoy allowing God to teach me new truths from His word. My study right now is in Amos.
8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?
Time is my biggest obstacle. I work a full time job, have a husband, a 2 year old son, and a four year old daughter. Finding a quiet moment when I'm not folding laundry or picking up toys is a challenge.

9. Please put a description of each of your books here.
If only...

Each person alive could complete that thought with any number of phrases expressing sorrow, lost wishes, and faded dreams. In a word: regrets.
But, are regrets inevitable? Without Regrets: A Study of Ecclesiastes meets this questions head on. This study aims to help readers understand the basic principles found in the Bible for recognizing actions and attitudes that lead to regrets, while learning through examples from the life of Solomon. The practical explanations and examples make this study simple enough for a beginner, yet the profound truths will be challenging for even the season Bible scholar.
What does it take to live a life Without Regrets? Join author Kristi Burchfiel as she guides you through the book of Ecclesiastes to seek out the answer.
10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? The easiest way to order my book or to contact me directly is through my website at www.kristiburchfiel.com

No comments: