Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Wednesday, May 12, 2010

You are Not Your Pain

Sometimes pain overtakes my every thought. I know that it takes over my days at times. Most of the time I can work through it. I think I confuse my husband when he asks me a lot of questions about the pain I have been in on a particular day. I usually tell him that I don't want to talk about it.
So........why am I talking about it? I know a lot of people who are in pain. Most just keep putting one foot in front of the other until they hit "the wall" and have to take a break. I have a feeling that most people get sick of the subject of pain being the only thing people talk about when they see them. There is so much more to a person than that.
OK, so you are wondering if people don't ask how I am, doesn't that hurt my feelings?

Maybe, I don't know. I guess what I am saying is, go ahead and ask ...then move on to interesting topics. I know that it is tiresome to hear symptoms and things with no apparent end. I am tired of talking about that too.

I still love scrapbookking and playing with my grandkids, writing, laughing, and all the stuff I have always liked. Just love me and pray for me.

Pain comes to people in many ways. Sorrow, loss, illness, and tragedy can all take over our lives. Allow your friends to hurt. Don't allow that pain to be your definition of them/us.

One thing I love to do is to get to know my fellow authors. This week I am interviewing Toni Nelson .

1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?
My name is Toni Nelson and the title of my book is: A Beggars Purse.

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?
I am a real person. Whether you meet me on the street, at church or even work with me or come visit me at my home, I am the same person.
3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
I have both sides of my brain answering that question. From the time I was a small child, my grandmother would take me to a place called the Children's Shop in Santa Barbara, Calif. The shop was filled with toys and books that could only be described as beyond a child's wildest dreams. Every Saturday I would select a new book to read, everything from Heidi and Little Women to The Prince and the Pauper. All the classics. You might say my first love was reading and from there it escalated to writing. When I was a senior in high school, my teacher encouraged me to instruct our English class numerous times, which I enjoyed and also my college English Professor. I never really made a conscious decision to write. I was very ill with the flu a few years ago and during a still quiet moment, I believe God spoke to my heart about writing my current book.
4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
I haven't had any formal training in writing, but I do have a love for the English language. I am extremely detail oriented and very methodical, but when I started to write I realized this wasn't working for me. I did write my chapters in story order and created a title for each one as I completed the chapter. I then cast aside all control and let each page take on a shape of its own. I would continually go back to each page and try to embellish on each and every sentence. I believe that I have become a better writer through this process and am actually developing a passion for it. It seems as if the more I write, the more I desire to do so.
5. Are you a reader?
Now that I am a writer, I ask myself "how did I ever read and not write?"
6. What are you reading right now?
I am currently reading my bible; which is ongoing, Praying for Purpose for women by Katie Brazelton and The Journal of Helene Berr by David Bellos.
7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.
My friend of 22 years, whom was my neighbor for 17 years would like me to write about her son's murder. I am having her pray about it, since I would want to include details that she may not be ready to reveal or deal with on a personal level. I also have a child's book, I would like to have published. I won't reveal the title at this time...
8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?
When I first started my manuscript, I thought I would only write when the spirit moved me! A close friend and writer told me that I needed to sit at my desk everyday and write something. Guess what? It works...

9. Please put a description of each of your books here. (back matter is ok)
Backmatter: How do you react when approached by a homeless person? Do you stop and listen or simply walk away as if the person doesn't exist?
Toni Nelson grew up in a beautiful home, set in an idyllic beach community, making friends with the hobos passing through town on the freight trains. Her grandparents' home was a "safe house" for the roaming drifters, and Toni learned at an early age the joy that could come from showing compassion to those less fortunate.
Later in life, Toni moved to Nevada and was struck by the amount of homeless and penniless peopling the city of Las Vegas. With a heart opened and sustained by God, Toni embarked on a journey to help the people who have nothing, and now shares her experiences in this touching and beautiful memoir.
Join Toni in her journey to share God's love with the people around her, and discover the treasures that can be found in A Beggars Purse.

10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.
I can be contacted by email: rnt.nelson@gmail.com
Snail mail: P O Box 5093, Pahrump, NV. 89041
My website: tonikaynelson.com

No comments: