Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Opportunity to Win a Kindle May 15,2012 & Interview with Katy Williams

I want you to enjoy the interview with Katy Williams. After reading it, you will see how to get in on the opportunity to win a Kindle on May 15, 2012.



1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?

Katy Williams – Where’s My Cowboy Hat

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?

The first heifer I ever showed, Nikki, was a handful. I sang jingle bells to her every time we stepped in the show ring to calm us both down.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?

When reading to my children I realized there were not enough books that told the daily story of ranch life. And through our everyday activities I knew people could learn more about agriculture through children’s books.

4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?

Short stories are my favorite but I always want to include a hidden lesson.

5. Are you a reader?

Yes, I love to read more now than ever, but it’s finding the time because I never want to put a book down.

6. What are you reading right now?

Waiting for it to come in the mail!!! Winners Don’t Whine, They Hustle by Chris Boleman

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.

Yes, I have several stories written and lots of titles for future books. One of my future books is about the ranch dog that was lost in town!!

8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?

Time. I stay organized by writing down my thoughts and keeping up with the general idea of a story until I get a chance to sit down and write the whole thing.

9. Please put a description of each of your books here. (back matter is ok)

What was a boy to do without his cowboy hat? It just wouldn’t feel right doing my chores without it.

Sam wears his cowboy hat every day as he helps out around the ranch. But he can’t find it this morning! Where could it be? Follow Sam around the ranch as he retraces his steps to find his missing cowboy hat.

10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.

I can be reached by email at katyleewilliams@gmail.com or at 806-202-3925.

The book can be purchased through:

http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=978-1-61862-208-2

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

...as well as myself for autographed copies.



A Request from Elaine Littau- You can be in a drawing to win a Kindle


You reader friends are so encouraging to me. A lot of you have sent me emails and mailed me notes to tell me that you appreciate my books and the other writing I do. I keep all of it. The emails are in a folder on my computer and the letters and notes are in a couple of boxes. This encouragement goes a long ways.


My first three books were published by a partnership publisher. This means that they put in their efforts and resourses and I had to contribute almost $4000. The contract said that when I sell 5000 copies of Nan's Journey, they will send me a refund of the $4000. Since 2009 I have sold 1785. I still need to sell 3215 copies.


It can happen. I believe that Nan's Journey is something that God wanted me to write. It might have been for my own heart. I had to learn to forgive and how to be forgiven and believe that I could have complete forgiveness. That is the main theme of Nan's Journey.


I have been trying to figure out how to get those 3215 copies sold. I did have an idea for groups and individuals to request copies to sell for a percentage of the sale. (Sell the book for $10 and you will get $3. I provide the books and there is no minimum order.)


If you want to do this, I would appreciate it. Another idea is that if you want to purchase them to give to prisons, rest homes, anyone you think could benefit from it, I would sell them for $7 each. There would be a charge for mailing if they would have to be sent out from Perryton. (It costs about $3 to mail a book. I could send it directly to the person of your choice with a note indicating it was from you.)


I don't know. The task is daunting. I still go to bookstores, homes, craft shows, other events...and sell as many as I can. If you would like to have a home show, I will come and give a humorous speech or topical speech to your group. I just charge travel expense and ask that I can sell books. (or you provide books (Nans' Journey) for everyone at the cost of $7 each. (I am open for rates on the other books as well.)


I know this sounds like a televangelist pleading for support. I am sorry about that. I also am open for suggestions you might have about increasing sales of Nan's Journey.


If you respond to this email, even if you don't request a book or event, your name will be in a drawing for a Kindle on May 15th. I also ask that you pray for me. This author business is a hard, but rewarding road. I dont want to do anything that is offensive, so if you are offended by this email, know that it was not my intention. I do pray for you and love you. - Elaine

No comments: