Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, September 24, 2009

I always fall in love in the Fall.
Thirty-five years ago I left my little house in my little Texas panhandle town and went to a little Bible College. The year was 1974. I drove to one of my good friend's house and picked her up along with her stuff and we headed to Baxter Springs, Kansas to the Apostolic Faith Bible College. We were very excited to be all grown up and on our own. When we registered we realized that we were in different dorms but we made the best of it.

I carried a basket full of her stuff to her dorm and the heel of my shoe got caught in a massive crack on the sidewalk. I fell with a great flourish of stuff and basket. Looking up to see if my grace was noticed by anyone, I saw Terry Littau sitting on the hood of his car with a very pretty girl named Priscilla. Boy was I embarrassed. They didn't say a word.

Picking myself up and realizing that my knee was scraped and bleeding, I smiled weakly and said, "I believe I met you last month at Camp meeting didn't I?"
Terry responded. "I don't remember you."
Can you imagine how I felt? "Oh well, I think school is going to be fun. See y'all later."

I went to my dorm room and swore I would never come out again. That is until I met a really sweet girl named Elva Lu. She told me to call her Lulu. She had the confidence that I lacked and we spent the rest of the month laughing the day away. The next month she had to go home to Hempstead, TX because she was ill. I will never forget her. I missed her like crazy.

Back to Terry...His memory got better. He took me out a couple of times and then asked me to marry him. Six months later we were married. Every year when the weather changes and the mornings air is brisk and sweet, I think of falling for my true love. Going to Bible College was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

Since we have been married Terry has learned that whenever there is an opportunity for someone to fall, that would usually be me. He declared that I am accident prone...He is right. I fell for him in the fall.

This week I am interviewing Angela Harris.

1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?
Dance in the Rain: His Joy Comes in the Mourning
2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?
Its hard to pick one. I have a very fun and blessed life. I'm a twin. My best friend and I have known each other since kindergarten. My 12 yr old son has already scuba dived with sharks, and my 14 yr old daughter is in training to be a professional ballet dancer.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
I don't know if there was ever a specific time. I've always loved writing. It became a dream to be published in 1998 after this book began pouring out of my heart.
4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
I write from my heart. I'm not afraid to deal with hard topics or situations, in fact, they fuel me to dig deeper.
5. Are you a reader?
I read in phases. A lot or not at all. The Bible, always.
6. What are you reading right now?
Home school curriculum honestly. My husband and I home school, so I've been gearing up for the year. Have read some of my son's 7th grade required novel over the summer as a refresher.
7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.
I think every author has another book, we all have stories to tell. I am working on a novel, another bible study, and a book looking at specific behavior/belief trends in church attending men and women.
8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?
Time. Also, I get bored and easily distracted. I haven't decided if working on more than one project is helpful or not. It helps with variety for sure but other than that, the jury is still out. I write a lot at night, when I should be sleeping, but it's when ideas flow. I try just to embrace it as it comes. I have a tape recorder by my bed because without fail as soon as I lay my head down, there is always a thought.
9. Please put a description of each of your books here.
Have you lost someone significant in your life?
Do you feel swallowed up by sorrow?
Are you trying to find the purpose and plan for your life so you can move forward?
Where is God now?
Why did He allow this to happen?
What if the person I love is not in heaven?

So many painful thoughts surround those hurting from a loss. Those in the midst of such pan-come. Journey with author Angela A Dockter-Harris as she guides you through the healing process.This book is a two part book. Part one is a journal which can be personalized to each loss or situation. Includes journal sections for: spouse, child, (infant, miscarriage, stillborn, toddler, or adult), grandparent, parent, sibling, friend.
Also includes a very special section for someone facing death--such as a terminal illness or perhaps a military member facing deployment and unsure of the future. A person can fill out this journal section as a gift to leave for a loved one.

The second half of the book is a bible study. The bible study looks in-depth at sorrow and suffering, anger, acceptance, making amends, letting go, finding purpose, discovering a personal story from the pain and moving forward. Discusses how to find God in the midst of such pain. The bible study also addresses concerns for people who believe in heaven and the concern of dealing with uncertainty of a loved ones eternal decision. This book focuses on making amends, so it can be used in the loss of strained or broken relationships, not just death. This book can be filled out and used/given as a gift, not just after death of a loved one, but to help in the death and dying process to bring open communication and healing. Great for mature teens (with adult guidance recommended) up through adult. Good tool for counselor, lay people, pastors, etc. You can experience hope and healing during mourning.

10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.
I haven't been blogging for long-- and I write on a variety of topics that are different pieces of who I am. It surprises a lot of people who know just a specific part of me, but those who know me know that I'm all over the map so to speak. I've actually blogged very little about the book, which I even find ironic. angelaadockterharris.wordpress.com My book is available through Tate Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble. etc....

No comments: