Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, December 10, 2009

My "Prown"

I am the sixth of six children in my family. (so is Terry) My brothers and sisters were mostly grown up when I came on the scene. My closest brother in age, Jim, was around 13 yrs older than me. He married young and I was the only child left at home. I had a lot of nieces and nephews to play with and I didn't mind that.
I don't know when my fastination with crowns started. I think it was from the old television show "Queen for a day." I LOVED that show. I didn't care that the lucky woman usually got a new refrigerator and washer. All I cared about was the crown. I also liked the robe, but the crown was the thing. I imagined myself with a crown and that was one of the reasons I was so interested in going to heaven. (I know... shallow ...but I was 4!)
One day, before he got married, Jim, came into our little house with something for me. He had gone to the corner drug store (the name of the store was Corner Drug.) and purchased the most beautiful crown you ever laid your eyes on! It had to have been the largest in the store because I still haven't seen one that size for sale at Walmart or anywhere. It had very nice rhinestones and was perfect. My heart skipped a few beats! He put it on my head and I danced like crazy. I called it my "prown". (Remember, I was 4.) There have been few gifts in my lifetime that have meant as much to me. My old walking doll, Mary, wears it now with jeans and a red top in the corner of my bedroom. My brother, Jim, is a dear friend to me still. We have the best conversations. I love him so much.
My other brother, Maynard, is so attentive to everyone in the family. He remembers birthdays and events. He calls often and gives me the gift of time. He is the greatest! I love him, too.
My sister, Geraldine, is my rock! She is someone I couldn't do without. I love her so much. We have lived in the same town my whole life. There have been few days that I haven't seen her or talked with her. She is so precious.
I have two sisters who have gone to be with the Lord. One, Wanda, left at age 35 in 1976. I still miss her every day. I am able to put my arms around her by holding onto her 5 children and loving on them. The other, Donna, passed away in 2001at age 69. She was always an encouragement. We used to talk a lot on the phone. I miss both of them so much but I can still hear their sweet voices and laughter. I could never forget their singing, laughter, stories and love.
One day I will see them again and I will get my crown. Then I will kneel at the feet of Jesus with all the others and place my crown at His feet because He is worthy of all praise and He is the King.


Today I want to introduce to you Shawna Blalock. She is also a Tate Publishing and Enterprises author. You will find this interview very sweet and interesting.

1. What is your name and the title of your book?
Shawna Blalock That Puppy Dog Took My Boots

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?
Most people ask if I have always been good at writing and the answer is yes, they also ask if I always knew I wanted to be a writer and the answer is no.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
A couple of years ago I prayed for a platform to be able to spread God's word and after about 6 months the Lord showed me that writing children's books was how I could spread His word. I have two small children and he is using them to give me stories to write about.

4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?
God has given me the ability to tell stories.(written or spoken)

5. Are you a reader? Somewhat

6. What are you reading right now?
I am reading Boy-Sterous Living by Jean Blackmer

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication?
Tell about it. I actually have 6 more stories written, they are all about my oldest son and the interesting things he says and does. Two or three of them are experiences involving teaching my oldest son about Jesus and that he lives in our hearts.

8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?
For me my biggest obstacle is time. My two sons provide more than enough stories to write on but between being a stay at home mom, taking my oldest to Playschool and running after my 2 year old the day slips by. Oh did I mention housework and dinner for my husband 5 nights a week? I wouldn't change it for the world because I am doing what the Lord is telling me to.

9. Please put a description of each of your books here. (back matter is ok)
Jeston is upset! He can't find his favorite pair of cowboy boots. The neighbor's dog, Fred, always liked them too. Did he take them? Author Shawna Blalock brings the reader through Jeston's journey to find out in That Puppy Dog Took My Boots

10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books?
My email address is thatpuppydogtookmyboots@netzero.net and you can purchase the book from www.tatepublishing.com or any major bookstore on-line. I also have a facebook fan page www.facebook.com/shawna.blalock and a blog at www.thatpuppydogtookmyboots.blogspot.com

Authors of Children's Books are amazing. If you missed one of the past interviews of the talented authors I have been interviewing be sure to visit my blog and catch up. These was interesting people!

http://nansjourney.blogspot.com

See you next week. I hope you enjoyed this.

No comments: