Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Older I Get

This week is my birthday. I am not ashamed to tell you that I am 54 years old. I wouldn't lie about my age because you might say that I look even older than I am if I tried to buffalo you.



One year I remember reporters asking President Reagan how he felt about his birthday and getting older. He said, "Well, it's better than the alternative." When he said that I was pretty young and thought it was a funny remark. Later that day I thought it over and decided that never again would I worry about age.



I enjoy my age. I am a wife, a mother, a grandmother, and a very blessed woman. I have the opportunity to write and do other things that I love. I thank God for my life. I thank God for you guys who have been so encouraging to me.



This week I am interviewing a lovely author who has reached out to me in friendship. I have yet to meet her in person but she is a sweetheart.


1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?

Jane E. Harber, LBT … “Here…Have A Miracle”


2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?

I’m all about HOPE. I serve a God who is REAL, He’s ALIVE, and He’s a GOOD GOD. I’m a licensed belief therapist, specializing in the various aspects of overcoming grief and depression. I believe there is no hopeless person or situation, no obstacle that can’t be overcome. Through a positive mental attitude, proper education, effective tools, and folks who care enough to help, we can all see our way through to a more constructive, wholesome lifestyle of healing and wholeness.


3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?

Actually, how I became a writer is a strange story, and totally a God thing. I never, ever gave thought to writing or becoming an author. But as I was studying for my license, I had to write a 10-page paper on a topic which I felt someone would come to me for counseling. Eleven immediate family members had passed away in the previous 7 or eight years, and, therefore, I felt an appropriate topic for me to write on would be grief. My 10-page paper turned out to be 29 pages long! The director of the institute said it was a good work, and that I should turn it into a seminar. So, I spent the next approximately year and a half revising and adding to what I had written, and I ended up with three seminar formats to teach. Right on the heels of that, my sister (my only sibling) got diagnosed with breast cancer. And I got angry! Here was ONE MORE TRAGEDY that I could do nothing about!! ONE MORE TIME my hands were tied!! I was too old to become a doctor so I could heal my sister. Also, too old to go into research to find a cure for cancer so she could be healed. Then, somewhere in the middle of that tirade, I began to pray. And God spoke to my heart … “Take all that material you wrote on grief, turn it into book format, and reach as many hearts as you can with the light of hope.” That’s when my first book, “One Foot on a Banana Peel” was birthed, and I became an author.



4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?

I’m a very simple writer. I write as though I’m talking to you. Actually, I’m glad about this trait because you don’t have to be a rocket scientist or have a doctorate in theology to have a relationship with God.



5. Are you a reader?

I used to be an avid reader. I once owned and operated a Christian book store, so I had great access to Christian material, and I read a lot of it. I read and studied the Bible a lot as well. More recently, it seems the Lord has me writing about what I learned and experienced throughout all those years.



6. What are you reading right now?

Currently I seem to be reading mostly what I research for my writing, although the desire to read further seems to be increasing, along with the access to more books. At the moment, I’m reading “Going Rogue,” by Sarah Palin.



7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.

Actually, I just submitted and received a contract for another book. As far as I know, it will be called “Walking Toward the Light.” It’s a workbook study of Christianity for the new believer. While it is basic in its intent, it’s also an intense study, and therefore would also be great for the “veteran” Christian who wants an even deeper, more intimate, walk with the Lord. Again, it’s simple, basic Scripture study. After that, I’m working on the second book of the “Duct Tape…” series. This one will be a wake-up call for Christianity.



8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?

I think all authors experience what is commonly called “writer’s block” occasionally. Times when you can’t think of what comes next. At times like that, I take a step back for a while. Of course, I pray and seek guidance and direction from the Lord. But I also am a note-taker. Whenever, wherever, I come across something that I see a spiritual parallel in (which is very often, because I see a lot of parallels between the flesh realm and the spiritual realm), I take note of it. I keep these notes in a folder, and include them into my writing where they apply.



9. Please put a description of each of your books here. “One Foot on a Banana Peel”: A description of grief and an expression of the hope and healing that lie beyond trauma and tragedy. With so much pain in the world, “One Foot…” is a breath of fresh air and a light of HOPE. As deep as the pain goes, so deep goes the love and grace of God to bring healing. When you feel as though you have ‘one foot on a banana peel,’ place your other foot in the hand of God. It’s the safest place there is to be. “Duct Tape…for the Christian Mouth”: This book is loaded with spiritual insight, personal experiences and real-life applications that point to a major problem in many relationships today … misunderstandings in communication. Through this unique expose on communication, comes truth. And truth can set you free! “Duct Tape…” will refresh your spirit and impact your relationships, for good and for God! “Quit Digging! A Lifeline of Hope for Troubled Teens”: This is actually a program that I teach for CEU credits at the institute where I got my license. Our teenage years are often the most confusing and puzzling years of our lives. This program offers help … and HOPE, a priceless gift to those troubled teens struggling in our world. Through lessons and exercises, your teen will learn how s/he got to become the person they are; they will learn how to recognize and confront thinking errors and replace those errors with more healthy and positive choices; and they will learn how to make goals for their future. “Quit Digging!” will change lives. “Here…Have A Miracle”: Bringing healing and thirst-quenching revitalization to our minds, emotions and bodies, “Here…Have A Miracle” illustrates that there IS a way to reach out and grab hold of that which is so essential to our well being … times of refreshing. This book is stimulating, uplifting and inspirational.



10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.

jeharber@cleansed.netwww.gentlespringsofhope.org http://livinghope.tatepublishing.net



It is great to get to know the writers. If you missed one of the past interviews of the talented authors I have been interviewing be sure to visit my blog and catch up. These are interesting people!

It is great to get to know the writers. If you missed one of the past interviews of the talented authors I have been interviewing be sure to visit my blog and catch up. These are interesting people!



http://nansjourney.blogspot.com



See you next week. I hope you enjoyed this.

No comments: