Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snowed In

This Week I didn't have an author interview. Next week we will pick up with Author, Jane Harber. You won't want to miss this interview.
Today I am snowed in. It is windy and snowy outside so I am very thankful for my wonderful warm home. I have company today. Well...maybe not company...but Terry didn't have to get out into the storm with his 18 wheeler and I am very thankful for that. It is quiet here. The fireplace is going. Thank you, Terry. and I have some hot spiced tea and my laptop. Terry is reading Popular Science. Life is good.

Yesterday I was scheduled to visit the third grade of Wright Elementary in my little town. I dreamed that I forgot to go and went straight to work. I was so happy to find that it was just a dream.
I tore into town running exactly on time. I didn't like that. I wanted to be early. I pulled into the parking lot and ran to the office to sign in. I was at the wrong campus. I was at Williams Elementary. (It was built after my boys were out of elementary school and I hadn't really paid attention to what they named it. It was on the same block at the Wright Elementary.) I ran to my car and realized that I would be about 5 or so minutes late. I really hate being late.

The children were lined up at the door to leave as I arrived. Ugh...but they cheered when they saw me. The teachers and principal were gracious and allowed me into the computer lab where I spoke to several classes every 20 or 30 minutes.

The third graders were wonderful. They were attentive and quiet. They were interested in the things I had to say. We went over the author's side of the publishing process. I showed them the book cover options the cover design team sent me for each book. They listened to several of the options for voices on the audio books as well as a radio announcer who voiced my book trailers. We decided that whether they were aspiring to become a singer, a professional voice person, radio announcer, or television personality, reading well was necessary.

Mrs. Tina Clyburn, Wright Elementary Principal and fellow PHS grad of '74, took me to lunch at the cafeteria where we enjoyed good conversation and shared time with the students. I have pictures on my website of the children and hope that you take time to look at them. They were so sweet. The adults purchased books and really gave me good words of encouragement. Thank you Wright Elementary, Mrs. Clyburn, Mrs. Donna Wright (the teacher who contacted me about coming) and all the students. You made my day.

No comments: