Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, January 14, 2010

Into 2010

Into 2010

We have had a couple of weeks into 2010. What do you think of it? I remember my dear friend and youth leader, Barbara Waterbury, reading a poem about how God's mercies are new every morning. The poem was about a young child in a school room doing a writing assignment. The more she wrote the messier the page became. She tried to erase and mark through but the eraser produced holes and smudges. The assignment looked hopeless so she went to the teacher's desk with tears in her eyes. The teacher looked at the page and wadded it up and put it in the trash. The child hung her head down in despair until the teacher produced a crisp clean new sheet of paper and told her to try again.

It continued by saying that when we bring our broken lives to the Lord, He gives us a fresh start. The words of hope in that poem have helped me through some tough times. According to the Scriptures we can have forgiveness and mercy from our Father every morning. Praise God He loves us that much. We don't have to wait until the next new year.





This week I am interviewing an author who signed with another publisher. Meet Donald Vess.


(1.) What is your name and the title of your book(s)?



Donald D. Vess

1.) One Realm After Another-Oct. 1,2009 published (Xlibris Publishing)

2.)Reflections of UnSpoken Words-Author’s copy in my hands Jan.2010-release date July 2010 (Dorrance Publishing).

 

 

 

(2.) What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?



My writings are non-fiction. My story is one of many sorrows and tribulations. My evil desires began at the age of 5. My life was changed in one night and ever since then I have searched for comfort inside. It took 40 years to get where I’m at in life. Walking through almost every worldly addiction and desire possible. I am one of the few that has survived a guaranteed life of prison, drug/alcohol addiction or even death.

The night my life changed, I received many spankings because my Dad couldn’t see what I was seeing. It changed me inside as a 5 year old forever. I found within me, a voice of comfort and truth. I have walked with this truth for 40 years now and He (God), has now allowed a miracle in the making be known, seen and now I share a message of hope no matter what your religion or belief. I have been taught by the Holy Spirit to be blind to what the world offers now and to give away the hope, truth, love and understanding that He has filled me with. Life is a parable, the Word of God is a parable, a mystery that surrounds us in our selfishly lived realm. Unselfishness is how I got here, it took a lot of selfishness to get here. The one thing to know about me…I represent our Savior, with truth and it isn’t always accepted. Humbled I am for this moment to share with you.







(3.) When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?



In my elementary school years. My first poem was written to my parents at age 8 or 9 while at summer camp. I had the poem until 2003 when a fire destroyed our home.

 



(4.) What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?



My strength is found in my trust of the Holy Spirit. His voice I can hear as clearly as my Fiance’s when I do something wrong in the house. He is real, I have tested Him all of my life in many ways. As a rebellious child of both here and of God, I endured much discipline and was well deserving of it. I don’t know why I lived this way, deep inside I always wanted the better things in life. I’ve tasted the life of success and walked away from it many times to fill my evil desires. But through everything, I have always been personally counseled by the Holy Spirit. When I write, it comes with two voices, mine and the Holy Spirits.







(5.) Are you a reader?



I am a vivid reader of the Word of God and have been for the past 28 years . It is no longer just a Bible to me, it (He)is alive and dwells within my heart, soul, mind, spirit and every thought. Opening a Bible now is like continuous conversation outside of myself. I use to read a lot of other Author’s work but I am sorry to say, I read no more books.







(6.) What are you reading right now?



The Bible & whatever is posted on the face book walls by other Authors and the writings that I receive from Authors through email.







(7.) Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.



1.) Through Spiritual Eyes “Fall“- going to publisher in Jan. 2010 (Xlibris Publishing) with 3 follow up titles, “winter”, “spring” & “summer”, to be released in 2010 w/pictures.

This book and it’s follow ups will have on one page, a picture w/ one of my writings from my face book postings. Seasonal pictures w/ a short message of hope.

2.) When A blind Man See’s- it’s going to publisher in Jan./Feb. 2010 (Xlibris Publishing)

This book will be writings from my past. My writings have always been my own hope of a better day. Through the end of my addictions these writings of crying out for mercy and grace were written. It is also compiled with my writings as I walked into a new life without addictions. This that I have in my life now is very new to me, in it’s own way it’s like being 5 years old in a 45 year old body. Life is great but I feel it very important to release hundreds of my past writings just to stay in touch with those that need guidance through life’s trials and tribulations.

  3.) I also have a children’s book that has been written but needs animation. This book will walk 4-6 year olds through each of the 4 seasons with a squirrel as a narrator that the children will be able to name.

4.) I have been working on a auto biography for a year as well that begins when I was 5 years old and was mistakenly given a pain pill and hallucinated all night long, the night before my first day of kindergarten and will go to present date.

 

 

 



(8.) What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?



Hmmm…I never plan a writing. I could write what’s inside of me all day long. Sometimes the Holy Spirit just says to share this one or that one and I do. : ) I write what I have lived and about what I have gone through in life and that in itself I guess could be a stopping point. Sometimes when I go back in time I will say to the Lord, “hey, you wanna explain this one?” I feel it is very important for us to go back in time with the Holy Spirit. Many of our problems lie in the way we were raised and taught by the world. No one really explains the reasons why we go through ‘hell’ in life. There is reason and purpose though and I learn more each day as we all should. I have many point of views that I keep to myself because I know they’ll cause someone to walk away.It's important to me to touch everyones heart and that can be an obstacle in itself but the Holy Spirit gets me through it. Thank God… : )







9. Please put a description of each of your books here. (back matter is ok)



Describing any one of my books is to describe one of them. There is the wisdom, knowledge and understanding of others hearts that I have prayed for. I wanted spiritual wisdom and knowledge because what I was seeing being taught by man, was self intended and misleading. I have sat back for years sharing the Word in the darkest allies, streets, bars, jails and prisons as one who lived in those places, places where most would never dare go. Now I am out of my self righteous prison pity party and I share what I have been taught by the Holy Spirit to help others get through a moment in time.

Making a difference through poetry…Almost three decades ago, poet-author Donald D. Vess struggled to climb out of a well, a bottomless hole where he continuously searched for the unseen and the true meaning of love. It was in this search that he found the inspiration to write, to converse with the Holy Spirit through the written word. One Realm After Another is a compilation of these conversations—a collection of inspirational poetry that recounts his walk with the Holy Spirit. “My intentions are not to gain for me but for the reader to gain anything or something from what I write. Then, turn a negative into something positive and then, make a difference in someone else’s life.”

Redefine your understanding of unselfishness and wisdom through this book today.

 

 

10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog

here.

DonTam06@live.com



www.DonaldVess.com



One Realm After Another, Donald D. Vess, Book - Barnes & Noble



http://www.amazon.com/realm-after-another-donald-vess/dp/1441574611/ref=sr_1_?ie=utf8&qid=1257775959&sr=1-1





Donald Vess on Face Book





It is great to get to know the writers. If you missed one of the past interviews of the talented authors I have been interviewing be sure to visit my blog and catch up. These are interesting people!



http://nansjourney.blogspot.com

No comments: