Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Thursday, January 21, 2010

Inspiration

500,000 new titles (books) are released each year. Many of them are wonderful books that are not discovered by a lot of people. Knowing this, I am determined to get the word out about, not only my books, but books by talented authors who may or may not have sold a lot of books for the sole reason that they get lost in the shuffle. Sometimes I run into a brick wall with ideas of how to get this done. It is a huge task.
I was feeling hopeful but not inspired when I picked up my Bible and began to read. The Scripture came alive to me and I believed that God would give me creative ideas. The book next to my chair was "Primal" by Mark Betterson. I opened it and it was on the chapter of ...creative ideas! He wrote about doing a catalog for people to choose which mission project they wanted to contribute to. The catalog produced over $50,000 in missions giving.
Catalog?...That sounds ...hard. I have done a brochure before. I know, I will do a brochure of 10 books. The first 8 authors to sign up for it would have a spot. I would take 2 spaces 1 for each of my books. From that came a blog to put the participating titles on. I am learning to go with the creativity. If I fail, I failed trying.
I thank God for His inspiration.
The new blog is:

http://titlesforsale.blogspot.com/

Please go and look it over...& PURCHASE SOME BOOKS.

This week I am interviewing author, Pam Bush.

1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?

Pamela Bush
Books - Out of the Whirlwind (Apr 2008 - Authorhouse) -
Out of the Snare (Feb. 2010 - Tate Publishing)

2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?

My husband accepted the Lord on Sept. 7, 1975 at the Pastor's home. About 3 hrs late, we knelt beside our bed and I, too, surrendered my life to Christ. From June 1980 - Oct. 2001 we were missionaries both foreign and in the States doing church planting. Jan. 1, 2002 we became fulltime Pastor & wife to a small country church in Michigan and are still here.

Also, I'm pulling together a mini writers conference with three other Tate authors. It is to be held on March 11th at The Shack in Jugville, Michigan. There is a limit of 75 attendees.

3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?

I've wanted to write since the age of 12, but never had the confidence. I started many things, but hadn't really finished anything. Now at the age of 55 yrs old, my message is - don't give up your dreams. I've now had two fiction novels published!

4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?

I'm told I have a way of presenting how people should respond to life's difficulties in a non-controversial way. There are always worldly ways to escape situations we fall into. I like to show that there are also spiritual avenues - that work better and long lasting.

5. Are you a reader?

I'm an avid reader! I'm also eclectic in my reading. If I like a book it goes into my extensive library; if not I either give it away or put it in the circular file. I like intrigue, mystery, feel good, self-help, westerns, auto and biographical, plus classics. I never read books with vulgarity or immoral explicit scenes.

6. What are you reading right now?
Crazy Love - Francis Chan
The Seven Pillars of Health - Don Colbert, MD
The Christmas List - Richard Paul Evans (better late than never :)

7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.

I'm working on as yet, an untitled third book in the Whirlwind Series. I'm writing the love story of the main characters in "Out of the Snare" (Detective Quaid Williams and Abigail Sydney Turner) and tossing in a kidnapping situation.

8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?
Discipline and procrastination! For the life of me I've not been able to incorporate a secure, designated writing time. I do it on the fly when the mood hits. I also carry around writing pads! :) When I hit mental blocks, I discuss the scene with my hubby, one of my married kids, or talk to the Lord Jesus. After all, He is the creator of all wisdom and knowledge!

9. Please put a description of each of your books here.
Sydney Larsen’s secret has been discovered - she’s part of an embezzlement scheme in Louisville with accountant Vince Edgar and a third unnamed partner. Quaid Williams is the detective on the case who takes an unusual approach. He works to strike a deal with Sydney if she’ll give the names of her partners. She refuses to give names and is slapped with a payback amount of $100,000 and three months of house arrest. Hope Montgomery (from the first novel) offers to sell her beloved crystal at auction to help with the payback. When Vince goes missing, Sydney realizes she’s caught in the snare, and the third partner becomes someone to be feared. Quaid is willing to protect her, but she’ll have to rules and open herself up to the idea that someone cares about her, possibly even God. As the third partner closes in on Sydney’s hiding place, the race ensues to find the partner’s identity and get Sydney Out of the Snare before she’s trapped forever.”
10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.
pambush.blogspot.com
tompambush48@yahoo.com
Facebook

**The books can be purchased from my blogspot. "Whirlwind" is also available at amazon.com; barnesandnobles.com; and borders.com

As of right now, "Snare" is only available through my blogspot and can be pre-ordered through barnesandnobles.com

It is great to get to know the writers. If you missed one of the past interviews of the talented authors I have been interviewing be sure to visit my blog and catch up. These are interesting people!

No comments: