Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Shari England, Lessons From the Sticker Patch

Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page for my interview with Shari England.

November is National Novel Writing Month. (NaNoWriMo for short) During this month anyone who has the desire to meet the challenge that the NaNoWri Mo people have set before them are to write a novel of at least 50,000 words within the month. Beginning November 1 through November 30 people or all walks of life are writing their fingers to the bone. What do the writers who accomplish this feat receive?

The accomplishment of writing a novel.

a badge for their website

and a few other things.

I have decided to do this, so I have posted the first 6 chapters of Book #5 on my website. Click here to read the first of the book "Gertie ". On the left hand of the opening page of my website, there is a list of the pages offered. Gertie is the last on the list. Click on that and you will get into the story. Write me an email by clicking here and let me know what you think. I will be writing more every day this month to attempt to meet this challenge.




For Home School/Private School/Public School

I have placed Chapter 1 of Nan's Journey on my website along with a Lesson Plan and Reading Comprehension questions. http://elainelittau.com




I am working on completing the work of doing Lesson Plans and questions for all the books I write. The links are free. The books are on the accelerated reading list for Perryton Jr. High School. It is for readers 13 and up. If you are a teacher or parent who needs this, just log in the lesson plans and questions are free.



Between the Books Chapters

For new chapters "Between the Books" go to http://elainelittau.com and click on the tab. I plan to write a new chapter per week (If possible) until Luke's Legacy is in my hands. All the chapters written are available on the website.



I have a few open dates if you would like to contact me to set something up.

http://elainelittau.com


Need help with book sales and marketing?

Go to my website and sign up for my coaching/consulting services. The first week is $5.

Try it before you subscribe by the month. Go to http://elainelittau.com and click on the coaching tab for more information.

I have begun a new blog that features books for sale for some of the authors I have interviewed. Please take time to look at it. http://titlesforsale.blogspot.com

Book III, Luke's Legacy will be in my hands in a couple of weeks.
If you want to take advantage of special pricing for pre sale click on the button. The special price is $11. That is a big reduction from the cover price when it comes out.
Nan in the hand made dresses are on sale for $10.

The Nan Doll in Overalls are on sale for $8.

I was at my sister's house one day and noticed a cute little doll she had. It was Anne Shirley from the Anne of Green Gables Book series. I searched the Internet for a simple doll to buy wholesale to sell as a Nan doll. I didn't have much luck with it until one of my author friends pointed me to a website that had one of the cutest little dolls I have ever seen.

She is 6 3/4" tall. I hand sew the clothes. Each doll is unique.I sell them for

$10 + postage or I give one with the purchase of 5 or more books.

For those of you who haven't read the interview that I recently did, click on this link:Interview with Elaine Littau [laineygirl] in Whohub Source: www.whohub.com



Click Here for 3 old fashioned recipes available for free.

and

50 marketing tips for first time authors.

These are ideas that I have gleaned from books and the Internet...some from my own mind. I have tried all of them and they work and are inexpensive, unless I note otherwise. I will happily send these to anyone who asks for them.

The book trailer, recipes, photos, and freebies can all be found on the website also.

Book I of the Nan's Heritage Series is Nan's Journey.

Book II of the Nan's Heritage Series is Elk's Resolve

Book III of the Nan's Heritage Series is Luke's Legacy (in my hands soon)

Book IV of the Nan's Heritage Series is Timothy's Home. (almost ready to submit)

Book V of the Nan's Heritage Series is Gertie. (The title has not been decided.)

The Next Series will be called something like "The Chosen Ones". It will be about each of the young girls who were rescued by Fred, Elk, and Ted in "Elk's Resolve". I can hardly wait to get started. My plans are to release a new book each year. (maybe 2 if at all possible) If you would like to sign up to my Book Pre-Order Club, click here and leave me an email. The book club is for those who want to get a $5 discount on pre-ordered books. These would be future books by Elaine Littau. You do not pay before the books are available. You are simply signing up to be on the list for upcoming books as a pre-order club member

Titles

I have been making videos of the book covers of the authors who contact me. I am amazed by the titles that they have come up with. My titles are a little tame next to some of them.
I have to tell you something kind of funny about figuring out how to name Book #4.

Book #1 is Nan's Journey

Book #2 is Elk's Resolve

Book #3 is Luke's Legacy




Book #4 was going to be Thomas' _____

Then I decided that I might have trouble saying the title in speeches that I give. I decided that I needed to change the name of the main character based on this fact. I renamed him Timothy so the title will be...Timothy's Home



Today I want to introduce you to Shari England, author.




1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?

Shari England - Lessons from the Sticker Patch




2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?

I have received new life both physically and spiritually. Physically through the accidental death of my donor giving me a new liver nine years ago, and spiritually through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ over 2000 years ago.




3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?

I took a creative writing class my senior year of high school and won a college scholarship in a writing contest, but even then, did not know of the gift that lay inside me. It took nearly 20 years for it to come full circle in order to be transformed into that for which God designed it.




4. What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?

I love creativity and I feel I am able to generate meaning through the most inanimate objects, and to parallel them with the profound. I gather ideas from the most mundane situations or conversations. I also love rhythm and movement in words and love words that dance. People often tell me my writing is "smooth" and easy to read.




5. Are you a reader?

Yes, I love to read, though I did not like to in my early years. I never get books from public libraries. I prefer to buy my books so I can mark them up, and return to them often. I need more shelves.




6. What are you reading right now?

It's hard for me to have only book going at a time. Besides the Bible, I am reading a couple devotionals by other new authors, plus a book on marketing, and Phillip Yancey's "The Jesus I Never Knew". I just finished a wonderful book called "Things Forgotten" by Thomas N. Tabback. Fabulous fictional read.




7. Do you have another book that you are working on and hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.

I have two books in progress now. One is a continuation of the first book. The other is a book targeted more as a ministry to women, young and old, using one of the stories in my first book as the foundation. I plan to use my own experiences, and combine them with the experiences of others through personal interviews with women who have come through their own issues and struggles victoriously through Christ.




8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?

Patience! My perfectionism comes out in things like dwelling too much on one thought or item and it burns up precious time. I've had to work at writing quickly, even if it's very messy and disorderly at first. Just write! Then put it to bed until later, sometimes much later, weeks or even months, and then resurrect it in its proper time.




9. Please put a description of each of your books here. (back matter is ok)

Lessons from the Sticker Patch (published) is a compilation of short stories of inspiration and encouragement through the creative combination of real life and real faith. The author's vivid accounts from childhood through parenthood will cause you to revisit wonderful memories of your own, while laying a foundation of truth and wisdom found only in God's Word. Whether it's a ballerina in an old jewelry box, a message in a jar of peanut butter, a child lost in a grocery store, or an aluminum Christmas tree, there's a lesson to be learned in all of life's occurrences about God's unfailing love and faithfulness.




More Lessons from the Sticker Patch (not published) - the same




Ballerina in a Box - (not published) - I was six years old when I received a pink jewelry box as a birthday gift. Upon opening the lid, I found a tiny tutu-clad ballet dancer poised at center stage. She exhibited such beauty, elegance, and grace. Balancing faultlessly on one toe, she spun gracefully to the dainty twinkling tune of the "Ballerina" melody. Occasionally hanging up on a single note, she quickly regained her position to continue her magnificent performance. At least that was until someone or something closed the lid... Discover through personal reflections of women of all ages how God takes our hurts, hang ups, and habits, and transforms them into a thing of beauty, poised in the center of His will for a magnificent endless performance of His glory at work in the lives of women--at work in you.


10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.

http://stickerpatch.tatepublishing.net/

http://www.shariengland.blogspot.com/

No comments: