Titles By Elaine Littau:

Nan's Heritage Series:


Book I, Nan's Journey

Book II, Elk's Resolve

Book III, Luke's Legacy

Book IV, The Eyes of a Stranger

Book V, Timothy's Home



From the next series - Rescued...A Series of Hope:



Book I, Some Happy Day

Book II, Capture the Wandering Heart

Book III, Walk Slowly Through the Dark



New Series- Nashville

Book I, Six Miles From Nashville

Book II, Christmas in Nashville (Coming soon)





go to http://elainelittau.com/ to order.







I have the first 3 chapters of "Some Happy Day" available to readers for free on my website, http://elainelittau.com/







Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Meaning of Love

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! In this season we find ourselves thinking about love. Some of us give it a fleeting thought while others of us contemplate the real meaning. Some thoughts may go along this line:

Am I missing out on 'real love'?

Does the one I love love me as much as I love him?

or her

Do I matter?

What is love, anyway?

In my opinion, to understand love, you have to get out of your own skin. The Bible has a whole passage about love. It talks about what love is and what it isn't. That passage is difficult for us to live up to, but it is the pattern we are to follow.

The pattern came from Jesus and His perfect love for us. He fullfilled all the points of the love chapter of the Bible.

It is a passage that is often read at weddings. While we stand at the altar making out vows to love and honor as long as we both shall live, the feelings are flowing and we don't think it will be difficult.

Then comes day to day life...

It is hard to put someone else first.

It is hard to believe all things...bear all things...think only the best of...

After all, we are just flesh and blood.

The longer I live, the more I realize that I can only love other people as the Lord God gives me ability. It is something that ebbs and flows in my own strength. I must depend on him.

The real meaning of love? God. God IS love. God help me love others as You have loved me.


I would like to introduce you to an author friend of mine names Linda Robinson. This is an interview I did with her and your will find it very interesting.

1. What is your name and the title of your book(s)?
Thank you, Elaine, for interviewing me. My name is Linda Robinson. I am the author of a published Christian novel, When Love Abounds.


2. What is one thing you think your readers would like to know about you?

I love God, my life, my family, nature, animals, music, reading, and writing. (Sorry the list is so long. Maybe I should have just said, "I Love!")


3. When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?

About three years ago when I asked the Lord to reveal a talent he had given me that I wasn't using. He led me to write a story that depicts his love, protection, and provisions. By the time I finished the novel, I was completely hooked on writing. Just this month I retired from my outside job, and I plan to "write" out the rest of my life! :)

4 . What are your strong points in your writing style or methods?

I'm a modest person, but I guess I would have to say I can be descriptive (sometimes to a fault), so I love to paint pictures with words.

5. Are you a reader?

A resounding YES! I'm an AVID reader--since the day I began to learn how.

6. What are you reading right now?

I just finished Daddy's Little Girl, one of Mary Higgins Clark's earlier books, and I'm ready to start reading Love on Assignment by Cara Lynn James.

7. Do you have another book that you are working on, which hasn't been submitted for publication? Tell about it.

Yes, I'm writing a manuscript now, but it's only in the embryo stage--without a title.

I do, however, have another novel that just started the production process this month titled, The Longest Road Home, which will be available this summer. It is the second novel in what I refer to as my Love Abounds series.

It is not a sequel, but I took the character, Nathan, from the novel When Love Abounds, and let him lead the reader all over the continent in the historical '50's and '60's via various modes of transportation, as he searched for life's meaning and purpose.

It's filled with the twists and turns of Nathan's life--not just those in the roads.(The protagonist of the "embryo" manuscript I'm writing now is an "offspring" of Nathan's in The Longest Road Home.)

8. What are your biggest obstacles to writing and how do you overcome them?

My biggest obstacle has to be that I work better and more productively alone, with no interruptions. That's hard to accomplish when you have a retired, wonderful, loving husband who loves to talk and eat a few good, home-cooked meals now and then! :)I often keep quite late hours in order to achieve my goals.

9. Please put a description of each of your books here. (back matter is ok)
When Love Abounds - Published 12/2010

When Love Abounds is a fictional novel set deep in the Heart of Dixie. Lou Ellen’s life as a wife, mother, and grandmother is filled with luxuries, comfort, and love. She should be happy.

So why is she left with indefinable feelings that something is left unfinished? In search of the key to her contentment, Lou Ellen sifts through memories of her past to uncover hidden and deeply painful events, as well as humorous and sweet moments. But can she find forgiveness, purpose, and fulfillment?

Her long journey back into her childhood in the historical '40's, '50s and '60's leads her to discover that When Love Abounds, there’s always hope for the future.

Coming soon (Summer 2012)

The Longest Road Home

Seventeen year old Nathan Hudson dreamed of escape. When he managed to do just that, to sneak out and hitch a ride to the next town, he vowed he’d never go home again.

All alone, with no money, no possessions, and barely an elementary level education, he set out on a lengthy journey that would take him back and forth across the continent time after time, as he searched for happiness.

As a runaway teen, hobo, migrant worker, and common laborer, he traveled the scenic miles, enjoying the view and excitement, yet secretly searching for contentment and unconditional love. Finally, irresponsibility, jealousy, and deep-seated, uncontrolled anger led him to lose the best thing that had ever happened to him.

Near destruction, he finally came to the end of himself—only to find that the answer to his purpose and peace had been within his grasp all along.


10. How can readers contact you or purchase your books? Please put your website or blog here.

http://whenloveabounds.tateauthor.com

No comments: